real time web analytics
Report - - Maenofferen Slate Mine, Blaenau FFestiniog, North Wales, July 2021 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Maenofferen Slate Mine, Blaenau FFestiniog, North Wales, July 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

saaben

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Hughie D,
I went up to Maenofferen on Fri july 16th last. We parked in Blaenau at 6pm and went up the same way as you. It was very hot and there wasn't a cloud in the sky and we only saw a group of three coming down near the quarry managers house.
I have almost the same views on my photos as yours but I also had an SLR camera with a black and white film loaded in it. The films have gone to be developed and I'm hoping they turn out ok. It's years since I last used it.
Looking at old photos, I noticed behind the sheds, a wagon on a wooden bridge just near the bridge that took the waste line away. When I got there the wagon and wooden bridge had gone and the area had been filled in with rocks / rubble etc. The waste bridge was still there but looking worse for wear.

My lady returned back the same way we came but I took a track round to the left, where I came across several adits. One was almost in perfect nick and still had the rails and sleepers going into it. Above it was a massive wall type structure. Does anyone have any info on this adit ?
A little further down was a winding drum and following the incline down it brought me into the car park at Blaenau.

It was a fantastic 3 and 1/2 hr explore in perfect weather. Got back to the car just after 9.30pm. Hoping to return before Autumn ends.

Saaben.

Who has read this thread (Total: 210) View details