real time web analytics
Report - - MAENOFFEREN SLATE MINE MARCH 2020 | Mines and Quarries | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - MAENOFFEREN SLATE MINE MARCH 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Seriously, you have seen it done and that means that lots of the local residents do this :D
I don’t see how the locals have so much time to do this me and monk & others saw tracks over a 100m long besides where the tracks once was its amazing how they have the time to do this fascinating! I think

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You taking the piss lol, I posted one picture, I cleaned up 20+ different pink graffiti. You try get place spotless when you can only use slate and mud as a cleaning product. If idiots wouldn’t come exploring and spraying pink and green graffiti over historic miners pictures I wouldn’t have to spend 2 hours cleaning. My dad worked for years in this mine and to see it disrespected by idiots not wanting to get lost is shameful. If you need bright pink paint to help you through mine, you shouldn’t be in there

That’s excellent work, I hope no one was down there when u did it

& I’m also disbelieving anyone would fake hob nail prints for a laugh. I mean why would u go to the effort f taking additional stuff down there with ya?

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The Graffiti is an absolute disgrace Chrisbones and you are obviously especially fond of the place because of your Dad an all, anyone would be the same and respect for making the time and effort to clean the graff off, but keeping it real will pay dividends on here mate.

ChristopherBones

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok mate , I seen them in their for over 100m long beside where the track was, they walk beside it follow the track corners etc left and right boot either some one is extremely dedicated to faking this or it’s genuine we all have our own opinions etc but thanks for yours “ I’ll leave it at that now “ on the boat side of things the water to roof so I don’t see how you could get a boat threw etc enless it dives like a submarine?
Because you don’t know where to look that’s why!! Submarine lol , does this look like a submarine or a dingy . While your there you might find some dynamite to go In further. Take a look at the pair of size 9’s hob nail boots, they’ve been worn in a few places lol

Attachments

• 87A81C41-3D64-414E-A0E3-3FC1795ED292.jpeg
    87A81C41-3D64-414E-A0E3-3FC1795ED292.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 22

Down and beyond

Regular User
I do no not disbelief you am not state in that please don’t get that impression it’s my first slate mine , I am sure some one will carry this on from now it’s not going to be me many thanks it’s not my area of expertise I understand iron more

ChristopherBones

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also if I may just add a lot of serious people do take a wire brush to clean of graf if they care about a place a lot have witnessed it a lot
Last time I was there was 2 weeks ago as I’m so busy in different mines, I went there Sunday to hook chain ladder to be able to access votty through a water tunnel and noticed all the graffiti!! I don’t usually go in equiped with wire brushes, but now I’ve realised too many idiots go there now with no respect looks like I’ll have to. (Please, I don’t class you in that bracket, you seemed pretty sensible and enjoy the mine)

ChristopherBones

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I do no not disbelief you am not state in that please don’t get that impression it’s my first slate mine , I am sure some one will carry this on from now it’s not going to be me many thanks it’s not my area of expertise I understand iron more
You don’t need to be expert to enjoy it like you clearly do, so keep coming and exploring it’s only way you’ll see more. There’s much better mines than maenofferen here, just it seems it’s the go to mine for everyone. If you prefer iron, try parc or gwynfynydd gold mine!! Very interesting. (Also, I wasn’t trying to be clever with the boots, I just know the locals have seen popularity in urb ex and just have a laugh winding people up. )

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
You don’t need to be expert to enjoy it like you clearly do, so keep coming and exploring it’s only way you’ll see more. There’s much better mines than maenofferen here, just it seems it’s the go to mine for everyone. If you prefer iron, try parc or gwynfynydd gold mine!! Very interesting. (Also, I wasn’t trying to be clever with the boots, I just know the locals have seen popularity in urb ex and just have a laugh winding people up. )

Thats a bit more like it, thought I was gonna have to clean the thread up a bit.

Down and beyond

Regular User
I shall try them mate many thanks

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
With all the thefts and graffiti issues it's a suprise that the place hasn't been sealed up.

+1 for Parc though, one of my favourite mines.

Who has read this thread (Total: 270) View details