real time web analytics
Report - - Maginot, Bois de Kanfen | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Maginot, Bois de Kanfen

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Old enough to know better

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Photos of the Bois de Kanfen Maginot fort. Just off the A31/E25 Metz Luxembourg motorway there's a small maginot complex that's pretty well hidden in some woods near the village of Kanfen. 1 of the larger bunkers is completely flooded and another you have to swing on the door to get over what should be a dry moat. Nothing much to see inside. Another bunker visible from the motorway is a great find. I imagine it was much larger originally and suspect some of it has disappeared under the motorway. Kitchens and air purifying system seems far too big for size of existing bunker. Interesting place and not too difficult to find. I also found forts Molvange, Latiremont and Brehain on same trip. Will post photos later. Hope you find them interesting.

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4724.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4726.JPG

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG

IMG_4730.JPG

IMG_4731.JPG

freshwateriow

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks a good explore, I would like to visit Latiremont some time. Busy around Belfort at the moment. Had a look around Metz and Thionville last year.

freshwateriow

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Photos of the Bois de Kanfen Maginot fort. Just off the A31/E25 Metz Luxembourg motorway there's a small maginot complex that's pretty well hidden in some woods near the village of Kanfen. 1 of the larger bunkers is completely flooded and another you have to swing on the door to get over what should be a dry moat. Nothing much to see inside. Another bunker visible from the motorway is a great find. I imagine it was much larger originally and suspect some of it has disappeared under the motorway. Kitchens and air purifying system seems far too big for size of existing bunker. Interesting place and not too difficult to find. I also found forts Molvange, Latiremont and Brehain on same trip. Will post photos later. Hope you find them interesting.

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4724.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4726.JPG

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG

IMG_4730.JPG

IMG_4731.JPG
I did an explore of Abris Bois de Klang a few weeks back (just posted the report), it looks similar. Were there any stairs leading down to accommodation rooms?