real time web analytics
Report - - Magnet Leisure Centre - Maidenhead - January 2022 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Magnet Leisure Centre - Maidenhead - January 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LSUrbex Exploration

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Magnet Leisure Centre

History

It has held counts for the general and local elections within the town. It has starred in T.V. shows such as Dickensons Real Deal and Antiques Roadshow. It has become the long serving home for a variety of clubs and charities for their cherished showpiece events such as the annual lions club swimarathon.
It has also had a cameo in hit 1991 sitcom The Brittas Empire. which poked some light fun at leisure centres and their staff at the time.
The Magnet leisure centre opened in 1975, 46 years ago. Magnet finally closed it doors in Autumn 2020 to make way for a new leisure centre nearby. The former leisure centre is set to be demolished to make way for 100's of new flats and apartments, which is being referred to as a 'prison villiage'.

Explore

This explore.. has to be one of the funniest and joyful explores I've ever done, coming along with JHUrbex and my father, we had an amazing time.
I've not been in a Playzone for more than 20 years, myself and the others went inside, went down the slides and played in the playzone for 20mins or so! Have now realised I'm way too big for the slides! Also, probably should have paid more than 2 hours for parking as we wanted to spend so much longer enjoying ourselves inside the Leisure Centre!
We made our way out of the Playzone area and searched for the pool and slides, we found it, making our way down the huge slide in the swimming pool area, we bumped into a couple other explorers 'LandieExplores' really nice guy and would love to meet him again sometime on other explores. Next, we headed to the trampolines, again, played on the trampolines for a while before leaving.
We had a limited time of only 2 hours of parking so quickly took pictures, had our fun and made our way out, this explore will be one to remember, I've not laughed so much on an explore!
Hope you all enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed Playzone

Barretted

28DL Member
28DL Member
Just a note to those looking to visit…

A few friends an I went last weekend, the front door was open so we just strolled in. Had a great time looking around, playing in the kids zone and going on the trampolines. However, whilst we were there we kept hearing voices and drilling noises from upstairs. It was clear we weren’t alone. We carried on our explore and couldn’t help but notice the constant sound of water gushing from somewhere. We located the source and it was a burst water pipe that was slowly filling up the lower levels of the leisure centre. It was at this time we decided it was a good idea to get out.

We left and noticed a van parked up outside the leisure centre which was weird considering the time of night, so we waited to see if the people inside may have been the owners of the van. We grew impatient and decided to pop back to the entrance and see if we could spot these people inside, which is when we noticed 2 people walking around inside the ceiling! As we didn’t know who these people were we left once again and lingered around the corner to see if they would come out. Not long after they came out with a large backpack and made off.

We returned the next day and the entire place was flooded, it was clear they were cutting out the copper water pipes to sell on.

If you’re thinking of visiting, approach with caution as I’m fairly sure the water AND the power is still running. That’s not a good combo.

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Ah you met Exploring with Landie Man I hope he told you all about his YouTube channel

I don’t do fucking YouTube :p.

Just a note to those looking to visit…

A few friends an I went last weekend, the front door was open so we just strolled in. Had a great time looking around, playing in the kids zone and going on the trampolines. However, whilst we were there we kept hearing voices and drilling noises from upstairs. It was clear we weren’t alone. We carried on our explore and couldn’t help but notice the constant sound of water gushing from somewhere. We located the source and it was a burst water pipe that was slowly filling up the lower levels of the leisure centre. It was at this time we decided it was a good idea to get out.

We left and noticed a van parked up outside the leisure centre which was weird considering the time of night, so we waited to see if the people inside may have been the owners of the van. We grew impatient and decided to pop back to the entrance and see if we could spot these people inside, which is when we noticed 2 people walking around inside the ceiling! As we didn’t know who these people were we left once again and lingered around the corner to see if they would come out. Not long after they came out with a large backpack and made off.

We returned the next day and the entire place was flooded, it was clear they were cutting out the copper water pipes to sell on.

If you’re thinking of visiting, approach with caution as I’m fairly sure the water AND the power is still running. That’s not a good combo.

I was there yesterday and the day before. Power was on one day, and off 12 hours later! I assumed the water was due to a badly drained pool, but that does make sense now! Water everywhere.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Great photos. These places always look like fun to explore, no matter what age. So colourful. Modernish I know, but when do you get the chance to see a place like this alone.

Who has read this thread (Total: 268) View details