real time web analytics
Report - - Maison Dieu Church, Angus - November 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Maison Dieu Church, Angus - November 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited this lovely church on a recent trip back home. I first visited this one back in 2013 but didn't hang around for long given the 1ft deep carpet of pigeon shite and my lack of decent footwear. I was pleasantly surprised to see this had since been cleared out, and the grounds had been tidied up so scrambling through brambles and nettles was not required this time. Sadly the altar, organ and chandeliers have been removed. The hall to the rear has collapsed which is a shame because there were a few nice bits and pieces left in there.

Some very basic history:

Former Church of Scotland. Designed by Architect, Sir George Washington Browne and built in 1891. When this church was built it replaced a small Church situated in Maison Dieu Lane, which is where it gets it's name from. It is a late classical - Neo Georgian style, Category 'B' Listed building.

It has lain unused since the early 1980's and is currently marketed for sale by auction at a guide price of £40000.

m06LwTAh.jpg

YMFs0hRh.jpg

MetVE7gh.jpg

HZq0eEah.jpg

2EAgHDSh.jpg

CAQ07zQh.jpg

DKMhKbjh.jpg

1SFUUjIh.jpg

f45fc2Sh.jpg

AMO7c8dh.jpg

yC1VnnXh.jpg

LWioEYFh.jpg