real time web analytics
Report - - Maison Popeye - Belgium - 26/01/2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Maison Popeye - Belgium - 26/01/2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TeunM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello again! This report actually finds its origin on the same day of my first and previous report.

After a lot of extensive investigation I finally succeeded to find this exclusive and beautiful location. Since the location was nearly completely in tact (apart from some staged furniture scenes) this little house carried an ancient vibe with it. We took a closer look at some of the magazines and newspapers and noticed that some were over a decade old. This place felt like a time machine and was something whole different from the vandalised and empty (yet beautiful) Sanatorium du Basil. The special thing about this place was that there were old paintings and even a beautiful cloth canvas (the reindeer one) still on the walls. It was nice to see that any urbexer who came here before me had the heart to leave it all as it was.
Unfortunately, there was very little history to be found about this place. From logic reasoning and pictures I would guess that this used to be the home of an elderly lady and her husband. It has most likely been abandoned for about 13 years since the earlies papers we found dated back to february 2006.
Aside from the rooms on the pictures the house also had an upstairs which I believe has a bedroom. But since the stairway was very unstable, old and rotten and we didn't want to take such risks we decided to keep it to the ground floor. (I might go back there again to check out the upstairs later)

Having said all that, here goes my second report.
Please enjoy and feel free to leave your thoughts, tips and questions in a comment :).

Outside.JPG

Anker.JPG

GlasEnMok.JPG

GlazenPotten.JPG

HoekMetRat.JPG

HoekMetStoel.JPG

HoekMetStoelBreed.JPG

KastjeGlazenDeuren.JPG

KastjeMetGlas.JPG

LampjeEnSchilderij.JPG

OlifantFoto.JPG

PlafondLamp.JPG

RaamMetFles.JPG

Schilderij2.JPG

SchilderijJezus.JPG

SchilderijRendieren.JPG

Schilderijtje.JPG

Schoorsteen.JPG

Servies.JPG

SlangenMan.JPG

StoelInHoek.JPG

TafelOverzicht.JPG

TafeltjeMetSpiegel.JPG

VierBoekjes.JPG

Woonkamer.JPG

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As i mentioned above it might be staged and someone might even have brought the glass themselves just for the picture.. we never know
Just strange to see a glass with an English heritage brewery name on it outside of the uk! That’s the kinda memorabilia I spend decent money on!