real time web analytics
Report - - Malmaison Hotel, Manchester - January 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Malmaison Hotel, Manchester - January 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kc1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was an interesting roof because had a few different levels to climb. I forgot my tripod so tried to do my best and held my breath in the hope of minimal camera shake.

The 'Malmaison' hotel brand was formed in 1994 and is named after the Château de Malmaison on the outskirts of Paris. The building was designed by Charles Heathcote and built in 1904. It was once the warehouse of Joshua Hoyle and Sons Limited.The Rochdale Canal passes beneath the building as it travels from the Dale Street Basin to Castlefield; at it's junction with the Bridgewater Canal. Darby Associates converted the old building adding a new extension above the entrance on Piccadilly.

The Malmaison website says "This one time elegant warehouse in Manchester is now a gorgeous boutique hotel with a very theatrical style. With its red and black décor, we think it’s reminiscent of the Moulin Rouge." We found it certainly had a selection of sensual photography framed in the corridors.​

On with the photos

DSC_0321.jpg

A lower roof

DSC_0334.jpg

With a shed of paint buckets

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details