Web
Analytics
Report - - Maltby old grammar school | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Maltby old grammar school

Halford1994

28DL Member
28DL Member
April 2021-

Maltby Grammar School is a stone built former secondary school which dates back to the 1930s. Known for its impressive clock tower, the school had a reputation for authoritarian discipline and conduct among its faculty.
After years of unsatisfactory and inadequate Ofsted reviews, the school transitioned to a sponsored academy, becoming known as Maltby Academy.

After a £10.9 Million investment from the 'Building Schools for the Future' programme, new education facilities were built nearby, and the Old Grammar School building fell out of use, closing in 2012. Maltby Academy board directors looked to demolish the old building, including the clock tower, to make way for more newbuilds, however this was immediately opposed by locals, and those plans were refused. The academy has now simply left the old school building sealed up, allowing it to fall into a state of disrepair.
On 9 February 2017, there was a fire at the school which was attended by three fire engines. It was quickly extinguished and caused minimal damage

Brilliant walk around here are the few photos I got I do plan on going back as these don't do it any justice

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Congrats on 1st report. Your format is spot on, just a small tweak with putting Rotherham and mth & yr in title bar and its all good . Keep em coming like that. The place looks huge, now you know the location, when you return take your time on photos. Looks like the place is a cracking explore. Welcome to 28DL

Halford1994

28DL Member
28DL Member
Congrats on 1st report. Your format is spot on, just a small tweak with putting Rotherham and mth & yr in title bar and its all good . Keep em coming like that. The place looks huge, now you know the location, when you return take your time on photos. Looks like the place is a cracking explore. Welcome to 28DL
Muchly Appreciated yes it definitely is a decent sized location. And thanks for the welcome :Not Worthy

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
If I'm being honest, I'm struggling to see why you've explored this place at night. It's hard to get decent pictures plus you've got far more chance of getting caught....
Totally agree, I don't understand night time exploring, I got told its creepy but its not really haha.

Halford1994

28DL Member
28DL Member
If I'm being honest, I'm struggling to see why you've explored this place at night. It's hard to get decent pictures plus you've got far more chance of getting caught....
It was a last minute decision ‍♂ next time I go will be through the day and I'll be more prepared

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr Budge Residential Sites 14