Web
Analytics
Manchester Abandonment | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Manchester Abandonment

Urbantrax

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi Everyone,

New to both the forum & Urbex in general... Working brings out the worst in trying to get it together for weekend explores!

Been following the site for a while now and thought i'd join. I am looking to create cinematic videos through Manchester and was hoping that someone might recommend some decent abandonment. Anywhere decent, not fussy.

Tbh- I have been doing this on the lonesome on a few occasions but find that you can quickly be limited in places if you value your safety.
If anyone can give pointers it would be greatly welcomed.

Also, if there are any meetup opportunities or collabs please let me know or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the site! Asking outright for recommendations doesn’t usually go down too well, especially with only this thread to your name. Get some reports uploaded then you may be more successful in finding people to meet with. I wouldn’t really say ‘collab’ is the word you’re looking for, but there are occasionally meets across the country.

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
This year has been a bit sparse for big meet ups for obvious reasons but usually we have a few big meets strung out through the year. Kepp an eye on the forum and come along to the next oen when its advertised.
RIP 28 Big Meet 2020 :violin

Urbantrax

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks for the info guys, i will keep a look out and read through the links... This year has defo been dismal to say the least

host

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome to the forum, shame really Manchester’s kind of had its heyday unless your into drains. What the videos for ? There are lots still about Manchester and surrounding areas. What you got in mind really.

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the forum, shame really Manchester’s kind of had its heyday unless your into drains. What the videos for ? There are lots still about Manchester and surrounding areas. What you got in mind really.
Manc has some killer drains. As you mentioned @host, Manchester has really had its hey day. I know a few members from that way who say it’s not the same as ten or twenty years ago but I agree, there are still some nice bits about, just got to find them!

Urbantrax

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks for the reply’s…

Videos will be basically for building a cinematic portfolio of sorts. I’ve always had a fascination with abandoned, hidden places (drains included) and want to try and capture the vibe with cinematics, lighting and music (No narration or anything), in fact the whole filming thing is new to me really but want to put it to something a bit different…. And always willing to share footage if anyone could utilise it someway.

It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while and invested in some kit in, but work has recently been taking up too much time along with sheer laziness.
I have just filmed a few sites in Sowby, just around warehouses, woodlands and the Dam in Rippon, hardly abandoned but nevertheless interesting from a camera perspective.
Im in North Manchester and have transport so will likely have to broaden the net a little and become a bit more adventurous

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the reply’s…

Videos will be basically for building a cinematic portfolio of sorts. I’ve always had a fascination with abandoned, hidden places (drains included) and want to try and capture the vibe with cinematics, lighting and music (No narration or anything), in fact the whole filming thing is new to me really but want to put it to something a bit different…. And always willing to share footage if anyone could utilise it someway.

It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while and invested in some kit in, but work has recently been taking up too much time along with sheer laziness.
I have just filmed a few sites in Sowby, just around warehouses, woodlands and the Dam in Rippon, hardly abandoned but nevertheless interesting from a camera perspective.
Im in North Manchester and have transport so will likely have to broaden the net a little and become a bit more adventurous
There is a video section on the forum which I’m sure your videos will be welcome in. As long as you don’t show the access, they’re filmed well, interesting and you follow the guides, you should be good!

Seffy

Bally up!
Regular User
Welcome to 28DL :) try and get some location reports up if you can - that way people can see you're legit etc.

Urbantrax

28DL Member
28DL Member
Will do.. I will post up some stills (and video) with a write up/history of the place over the weekend...

Not the most abandoned of places but still a decent forgotten vibe to the place.

Urbantrax

28DL Member
28DL Member
I recently uploaded to YT (channel literally a day old) but will post a noob report here.
For anyone who would like to view, link is below. just a bit of an overview of the style i'm looking at for future stuff. This is nothing special.. still working on intersting transitions

I will write up a full post tomorrow once i master the site a little better.

Urbantrax

28DL Member
28DL Member
Maybe a visit to an old Mill this weekend as well so hopefully.. fingers crossed!! i can get more stuff up over the early week as well

Laurenlucy123

Banned
Banned
I'm guessing you have heard of Manchester underground and the underground nightclub in Manchester. They are pretty easy to find with research and pretty cool places to go!