real time web analytics
Report - - Manchester and County Bank, Oldham - 2014. | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Manchester and County Bank, Oldham - 2014.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Manchester and County Bank, Oldham.

1.jpg

The grandiose former NatWest Bank, that dominates the ex Mumps roundabout in Oldham

The bank, originally the Manchester and County, was created by renowned Manchester architects Mills & Murgatroyd

It featured a unique baroque copper-crowned tower and a polished red granite base

Inside, the banking hall housed a 50ft mahogany counter

The bank was taken over by NatWest in 1970 and eventually closed it's doors in 1995 when NatWest merged their Mumps and Yorkshire Street branches

It's been ages since I did an urbex, best make an effort and keep up appearances :rolleyes:

Of course I have been known to derp about (occasionally), however this place has eluded me and many others for years now

Not like we hadn't tried either, props to SL & Ninjaboy for having joined forces on previous trips here, even Bnugle once made an effort I believe :p

I'd pretty much given up on the place, having collectively exhausting some questionable access attempts over the years

The odd permission pic has cropped up here and there, but nothing to illustrate what hides behind that abandoned facade

In some ways it disappointed and others it delivered the goods, really glad to have had a look in, little belter for what it's worth :thumb

Sadly, this was a rushed job, having to whiz around hand held running, before it becomes a fortress again ;)

Sorry the pics are rubbish, enjoy..

Main Entrance

2.jpg

3.jpg

Banking Hall

4.jpg

Vestibule
(S.E Entrance)

5.jpg

Office

6.jpg

Down to the Vaults

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Basement

13.jpg

14.jpg

Upper floors/Offices

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Washroom

18.jpg

View from the front windows

19.jpg

(Yes that's pigeon shit, no expense spared here) :D

20.jpg

Spiral staircase, leading to the tower

21.jpg
22.jpg

Wooden staircase leading to the steeple

23.jpg
24.jpg

Inside the steeple

25.jpg

26.jpg

Last stop, perched on the rooftop whilst the sun was setting

27.jpg

Enough derping about, back to drains, thanks for looking :thumb

Marsden1002

Love it!
28DL Full Member
Good job Ojay!

I'll have to get my arse down to this £1M building asap! Had a look around the other month but nothing could be seen!

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Good to finally have a gimps in here even though through the eyes of a drainer, doubt it will say open long ;)

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
Looks ace, more comprehensive than past reports iirc.
Top :thumb

Needs moar fresh.