real time web analytics
Report - - Manchester High-Rise derpage x2 - Jan 13 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Manchester High-Rise derpage x2 - Jan 13

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
Gorton Villa Towers - Manchester

Situated on Gorton Villa Walk, the old location for the filming of the tv series 'Shameless' stand these two high rise 1960's tower blocks.

Devoid of any discernible character from the outside, things don't improve too much on the inside, with floor upon floor of vandal ravaged flats, and one or two intriguingly well fortified 'locked' doors.

Remnants of previous occupants litter every floor, and the only noise is one of the gentle chirp of the still active fire alarm system.

Still, we press on upwards with the hope of what could be an impressive view over Greater Manchester...We were not dissapointed.

Visited with noodlethesis, and followed by a night-time trip with a non member, big shout to Tom Sherman for the original info :thumb

flatpano1.jpg

Looking back at the other tower, centre of shot is St Benedicts, which is now Manchester climbling centre :thumb

towercopy.jpg
thinladder.jpg

A suprisingly wobbly mobile phone mast, the highest point of the towers and a cracking view

dayroof.jpg

Ventilation system in the foreground and Beetham tower and City centre on the horizon

roofpano2.jpg

Centre left is an active tower block, and just down to the right is the old set of shameless

liftsign.jpg

Oh dear, best not go in there..that man's shouting at us :eek:

liftmachine.jpg

Oh well, I never was a good listener anyway, this is the huge winch machinery for the lift

gauge.jpg

I was feeling a little warm , but this is just ridiculous

28ondoor.jpg

Well as I didn't take any chair shots..here's the obligatory number 28 shot, the door was locked :mad

bottlesonwindowsill.jpg

This little lot was in a squat within the flats, along with telly, ps2, filthy mags and all sorts of random shite

certificates.jpg

We stumbled upon a child's bedroom (that doesn't sound good) hope the little chap moved somewhere nice

postcard.jpg

This made me smile :D

floweronwindowledge.jpg

Rooftop garden ?

nightroof1.jpg

Looking over St Benedicts towards the City centre with the train depot to the right

nightroof2.jpg

Looking down onto the old shameless estate, almost entirely boarded up, almost ;)

nightroof3.jpg

Towards City centre and Beetham tower (again)

nightroof4.jpg

All in all a very enjoyable little explore, there is more to see...but I'll keep that one till next time :thumb

Thanks for looking

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details