real time web analytics
Report - - Manhattans Night Club Southport May 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Manhattans Night Club Southport May 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Alizan97&

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Finally getting round to posting my explores this is my first ever post so please be nice lol

I may be boasting but I was the first explorer in here for a very long time, managed to get pictures before a lot of it was smashed up, initially entry was tricky but managed it, unfortunately for other people wanting to go it has been since sealed back up and only one entrance remains available to get in. when in there we also went under the stage to find the old swimming baths still there just with the concrete foundations put in the pool itself

right here’s some history on the site, I bet many of you have partied in there wish I was older so I could off

Manhattans/Palm court built inside the old swimming baths was a massive well known night club in Southport through the 80s and 90s
now it’s just sat there falling apart inside from damp and natural decay.

The cost of bringing Southport, Sefton's former Victorian baths back to a working condition has been estimated at more than £6m.
It has remained empty for several years with only tentative interest from developers and has fallen into an increasingly dilapidated state.
Sefton Council is preparing renewed efforts to find someone willing to take it over, but must now spend about £500,000 on essential repairs and maintenance at the Promenade building.

Many well known clubland DJ’s and artists have played there over the years and was a great place for the club scene in the 90’s

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report, I can confirm it’s 100% sealed up again, I wasn’t able to access it the first time I found the entry point and upon returning it was well boarded up! Hope it’s not too trashed in the time it was open.
personally a real shame for me as I worked in the rival (now demolished) Kingsway for many years in the 90’s and again in in the 2000’s so a lot of memories of these places, the people and the rivalry between them.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
It's probably for the best this is sealed up.
(so don't unscrew the board again please!)

Alizan97&

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report, I can confirm it’s 100% sealed up again, I wasn’t able to access it the first time I found the entry point and upon returning it was well boarded up! Hope it’s not too trashed in the time it was open.
personally a real shame for me as I worked in the rival (now demolished) Kingsway for many years in the 90’s and again in in the 2000’s so a lot of memories of these places, the people and the rivalry between them.
There is a way into manhattons from the bar next door that’s how I got pictures of the swimming baths yesterday

Who has read this thread (Total: 151) View details