real time web analytics
Question - - Manholes | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Manholes

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I wouldn't recommend exploring any confined space without gas detector and a sound rescue plan at the very least. Low O2 and/or hydrogen sulphide won't take any prisoners. I've Never been draining, I think the photos look great but having had confined space training in a previous job I would rather let others take the risks and upload the photos for me to enjoy.

GG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Paris makes it a little easier than UK. They mark the interesting ones with a nice parttern. This one is about 60kg, so tricky to open from below, especialy with a 20m drop straignt down and a heavy bag full of wine, cheese and camera equipment.

DSC_0897.jpg

76Lee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ditto what the above has said.

I'm a builder and have had my head down a fair few domestic manholes but have come across mains sewer ones that run across the fronts of properties typically
triangular shaped road ones. Once we had to lift one of the lids to have a look at a problem with a collapsed drain but even half the lid was super heavy and nearly fell back down
about 15' which we would never had got back out. Moral is that we didn't quite have the right keys to lift it and it slipped and one of us only just managed to stop it going down with
a crowbar. Dangerous stuff just lifting the things let alone going down them.

Much as I love exploring I would stay away from them.

Reactions: GG

Who has read this thread (Total: 275) View details