real time web analytics
Report - - Manicomio Di R, Italy - September 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Manicomio Di R, Italy - September 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gambit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was late afternoon by the time we arrived on site, but the plan remained - carry our gear in with us and spend the night.

This was, after all, the main reason for the trip. I know, always dangerous to pin the success of a trip on one place, as if you don't get in, the disappointment is going to be pretty high. Still, that is the fact, this was the main reason for going.

In terms of the history of this place, as I understand it, the site was originally an asylum built towards the end of the 19th Century. Initially used as a hospital for the mentally ill, in later life it was used as a military academy. As there have been a number of different visits to the location, on with the images :)

It was great to find that, even after all this time, this observation light was pretty in tact

15117866294_6feee6aa47_o.jpg

A number of views of this amazing staircase, I took one with the pillars, but prefer this view

15195677053_323290d1a5_o.jpg

It was a glorious day once the sun had come up - so I ventured outside for a quick shot - as well as this view, I went for the more traditional double corridor shot too

15238235993_633a03c538_o.jpg

Before I went one of the things I hoped to see was the room of cupboards, and having seen a couple of images of the burnt room, I feared that this was what had happened...

15556573028_cd7d1d8a57_o.jpg

I was very glad that the burnt room was not the only room with the cupboards :)

15607816128_1129e34cab_o.jpg

The site is a vast location to be honest, and although there for around 4 hours, I am sure that there was a lot more to be seen.

15835904007_d61c00d6c9_o.jpg

The corridor shot - which is the inside version of the outdoor view earlier :)

15852982012_63d56f1ac4_o.jpg

Thank you for viewing

Gambit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers guys, it was a good trip. Manicomio was one of a number of great locations, although easily my favourite of that particular trip :) I do consider myself very fortunate to have been able to visit it :)

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Do you have any more reports from your trip to Italy I'd be interested to see them..

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Nice, one of my fav places this, as with your other report it belongs in the euro section.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Beautiful shots mate, it really is well worth going for. i can't believe you went mid afternoon, we went about 6 in the morning.

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another nice report.......great pics :D

I drove past it weeks ago on a business trip and well pi**ed off I didn't get the time :(

Thanks for sharing :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details