real time web analytics
Report - - Manoir aux Gargouilles, Brittany, France - March 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Manoir aux Gargouilles, Brittany, France - March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nathan.R

Beneath Explorers
28DL Full Member
Hello and welcome to my fourth Report!

It's been a while that I haven't post anything, but I think it's better not to force myself, and only write down reports when I feel like to ;)

Today we're talking about an awesome Manor, that we found randomly in the middle of the Finistère. I hope you'll enjoy the pictures, we were only two for this one.

========================================= Some History ===========================================

Built from 1882 to 1884 by a couple of local bourgeoisie, this residence is truly impressive. It is located in the heart of a forest and a river flows through the bottom of the domain. The wooded park is equally impressive. The building is surrounded by tall trees and the terrace overlooks the forest below.

edit.jpg

edit2.jpg

Two images from the departmental archives, the date on which they were taken, are unfortunately unknown to us.

The Manor is neo-Gothic in style and rather loaded with decoration. Statues of fantastic dogs and animals grace the exterior stairs and the top of the tower. All gutters end with gargoyles in the shape of imaginary beings. At the back, a loggia with a beautifully carved decoration overlooks a large terrace delimited by a granite railing, which is also carved. The loggia wall is covered with mosaics of impressive details depicting birds and plants.

IMG_9414--1024x815.jpg

IMG_9411--1024x683.jpg

The ground floor is like the outside, nothing has been left to randomness, from the floor to the ceiling everything is decorated with engravings and woodwork. As for the vestibule, both the walls and the floor are covered with decorated tiles. The floors are more soberly arranged into small apartments with one or two bedrooms and a bathroom. All the windows in the building are made of stained glass with small coloured rhombuses.

IMG_6875-620x1024.jpg

========================================= The Exploration ==========================================

Like many of our other explorations, nothing was very special in term of event. I really liked that we had access to the roof. Otherwise, no risks in term of security, the building is overall pretty solid. Small downside though : it is quite dark inside, and we had no tripods (we forgot it... I still can't believe it). It was still a good exploration, I really recommend you this site.

========================================= The photos ==========================================

IMG_9397-1024x721.jpg

IMG_6857-1024x683.jpg

IMG_9479-1024x683.jpg

IMG_6884-683x1024.jpg

IMG_6890-683x1024.jpg

IMG_9438-614x1024.jpg

IMG-AHAH-1024x683.jpg

IMG_6850-1024x683.jpg

IMG_6849-1024x683.jpg

Thank you for having read my report. It was a shorter one, and I sadly don't have many other photos. Hope you still enjoyed it, big things are coming soon!
See you :)

IMG_9403-1024x683.jpg

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Been looking forward to you posting this one mate and you did not disappoint! Beautiful place and brilliant pics once again. Very firmly on my list for our little road trip.

Nathan.R

Beneath Explorers
28DL Full Member
Been looking forward to you posting this one mate and you did not disappoint! Beautiful place and brilliant pics once again. Very firmly on my list for our little road trip.
Thank you very much! It's just a shame we didn't have our tripods, if you go around there, don't forget it haha.