Web
Analytics
Report - - Manor Farm - July 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Manor Farm - July 2017

RedX_unleashed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello everyone :)

Today's exploration report is brought to you from an abandoned Manor Farm that I've been meaning to visit for some time. A couple of months ago, I was searching around on Google maps for a completely different site when suddenly the farm came into view. Unfortunately I get distracted all too easily but finally I have gotten round to visiting the place. I wasn't disappointed :)

History

The farm was built as part of a large manor, located further to the north, and was built by Henry Clutton in the 1860's. Very little information about the history of the farm exists online, but I think I can safely assume that it is currently being sold along with the manor itself. During the 1980's it was leased out to a riding school, but the buildings have been falling into serious disrepair ever since.

The Explore

If you ignore the reports of a gunman living at Sutton Hospital, then this is probably the most dangerous explore I have done to date, mainly because of the current state of the buildings. The place is quite literally falling down, and this is being accelerated by vandalism. Several parts have clearly been smashed up deliberately and there is evidence of fires being started in some of the rooms.
The closest railway station is nearly 3 miles away from the site - a distance I significantly reduced by cutting across country, but be warned. This route is not for the feint of heart, especially at 1 am in the morning. The explore began properly at around 2:45 am. I started out by recording video and then took the following photo's as the sun was coming up. You will notice more externals here than I usually post but this is only because of the nature of the place. Throughout the explore there was consistent (and fairly disturbing) banging coming from within the farm grounds. If you like this kind of scary thing, there's more in the video below. I still do not know what the source of the noise was.

Video

[video=youtube;2W6jMJx5nW0]

Externals

1. North gate
SbtuhHal.jpg

2. South side
ybnO9sZl.jpg

ArCw4kUl.jpg

kwvCdvql.jpg

5. One of the two out-houses
zYPHAlQl.jpg

qILdvbcl.jpg

rclW8ryl.jpg

8. Entrance to the residential part of the farm.
PWYXuLIl.jpg

Internals

9. One of the many fire places
a6H4hSQl.jpg

10. Rear end of the entrance hallway.
11XaL35l.jpg

fpsLnezl.jpg

gP1zVN3l.jpg

UYXUW2wl.jpg

2WyQyYzl.jpg

dsMh00al.jpg

15b.
FZ2SXw7l.jpg

16. Into the stables
qIiIWH7l.jpg

17. My kind of photograph ;)
1GKq1cgl.jpg

xYS31hRl.jpg

Dmklzx9l.jpg

YpPiDAAl.jpg

21. I'm still not entirely sure what this is for. Anyone familiar with the horsey life?
uMHZrgtl.jpg

NiRTHPpl.jpg

23. Entrance hallway in out-house #1
smH8Bpvl.jpg

ZlojpHPl.jpg

25. In this shot, I'm standing on the threshold of the second out-house. No floorboards! :O
xozHINcl.jpg

As I left the grounds, I found out that I was being watched the whole time...

HhE9IIul.jpg

Stay safe people :)