Web
Analytics
Report - - Manor House T - July 2010 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Manor House T - July 2010

Rachyt

Beauty isn’t always perfection
28DL Full Member
Holy thread resurrection Batman.

This house is now full of Damien Hirst's art collection.
Hahaha that made me chuckle!
Was having a nose and one thread lead to another and before I knew it I was back in 2010!
Is it actually? It’s a beautiful structure

SpiderMonkey

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yep, it's Toddington Manor one of Damien Hirst's properties. He uses it to store his art in following the restoration that was taking place when it was explored.
Had a look a few times over the past few years, and even recently, it looks as if almost no restoration has taken place. It's still covered in scaffolding after all this time, and any works equipment that I saw looked like it hadn't been touched in a real long time. Not sure about the storing art thing though? Every inch of the perimeter of the building is now covered by sensors and cameras though, which is a fairly new development!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Had a look a few times over the past few years, and even recently, it looks as if almost no restoration has taken place. It's still covered in scaffolding after all this time, and any works equipment that I saw looked like it hadn't been touched in a real long time. Not sure about the storing art thing though? Every inch of the perimeter of the building is now covered by sensors and cameras though, which is a fairly new development!
I'm almost certain it is, or was planned to, be used as Damien Hirst's private art house sort of deal as that was always the plan for the house. Whether there is actually anything of the sort in there, beats me - I'd imagined after all this time it would have been restored!

SpiderMonkey

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm almost certain it is, or was planned to, be used as Damien Hirst's private art house sort of deal as that was always the plan for the house. Whether there is actually anything of the sort in there, beats me - I'd imagined after all this time it would have been restored!
Ah, I see. Yeah, I know he wanted to give it a use to something of that effect, but it seems as though he's given up on the place. The locals keep moaning about it being such an eyesore in the local press!