Web
Analytics
Report - - Manston - Boeing 747 dec 2010 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Manston - Boeing 747 dec 2010

Flyboy

Banned
Banned
This is my first report, and pretty much my first proper urbex trip with photography. Visited with wevsky and space invader - thanks to wevsky for letting me tag along. :)

I know this site has been done a good few times, but I just wanted to share my pictures.

Now for the history. This is a Boeing 747-200 built and delivered to Kuwait Airways in 1982. It is registered N309TD, a number it was assigned when it first came to Manston. It is currently owned by an American company who bought it for its scrap value. A search online revealed it was previously registered 9K-ADD, and was repeatedly leased to Garuda Indonesia Airways.

http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/747/22740,9K-ADD-Kuwait-Airways.php

This aircraft arrived at Manston two years ago. A few months after arriving it was towed across the road to the aeroplane 'graveyard' where there are four aircraft at the moment.

Now for the pictures, enjoy! :)

DSCF4747.jpg

DSCF4743.jpg

DSCF4741.jpg

DSCF4736.jpg

DSCF4735.jpg

DSCF4731.jpg

DSCF4728.jpg

DSCF4726.jpg

DSCF4722.jpg

DSCF4717.jpg

DSCF4715.jpg