Web
Analytics
Question - - Maplins Telescopic ladders | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Question - Maplins Telescopic ladders

Ordnance

I think you can be cheap on a camera and torches but don't fuck about with cheap ladders or safety equipment. Get the best you can if your risking your life with it
Reduced from £99.99 - seems about the right price range!

Tested to European Safety Standard EN131 - Maplin would not sell them otherwise, it would be illegal.

LachlanF

Amateur urbanexer
28DL Full Member
It doe snot look like it is worth the risk, especially if you have to drag it around with you the whole day :thumb

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Reduced from £99.99 - seems about the right price range!

Tested to European Safety Standard EN131 - Maplin would not sell them otherwise, it would be illegal.
I think it was OT who described the moment he slipped and the only thing that saved him was his leg trapped between the rungs.

I don't think EN131 is tested for the sort of things we get up to :thumb

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
They have their uses although i find them to be quite a hefty investment for the amount of use you will probably actually get out of one.

Alot of the time something can be found close by to substitute for a 3 meter ladder and its alot less dodgey using something you have found on site already. Their main limitation is the view the law would take on you bringing a ladder along to get in somewhere really, morally ok maybe but the law doesnt always follow common sense. Otherwise they are slow to erect and fold away, especially after they get full of grit!

Id say only buy one if you know of somewhere it would do a specific job. Maybe split the cost with a group of your mates and share the use of it. Thats what we do although in maybe 5 years of having it its been used like 3 times and one of them was for the decorating! :D

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
really heavy to lug around, unless you have someone to carry them for you... :)
and really slow to assemble/dismantle.
As well as the obvious 'going equipped' scenario.

Ive used them maybe 5 or 6 times, but they generally get used for household stuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Coxieboy Kit / Clothing / Equipment 4