real time web analytics
Question - - Maplins Telescopic ladders | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Maplins Telescopic ladders

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
I think you can be cheap on a camera and torches but don't fuck about with cheap ladders or safety equipment. Get the best you can if your risking your life with it

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Didn't realise that would count as going equipped but i suppose it makes sense.
Thought that was more like carrying tools etc
Cheers tho appreciate the reply.
Oh and i liked that link. . . . clever that.

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
Cheers Paul.
I'll take it from that you don't rate them.

Can be very useful, though a pain if you have to carry them far (and fairly difficult to conceal). 2.9m is one of the shorter ones though

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Didn't realise that would count as going equipped but i suppose it makes sense.

Well a ladder is a tool, and one that the Police may see as a tool that turns your simple civil trespass into a criminal offence.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
I think you can be cheap on a camera and torches but don't fuck about with cheap ladders or safety equipment. Get the best you can if your risking your life with it

Reduced from £99.99 - seems about the right price range!

Tested to European Safety Standard EN131 - Maplin would not sell them otherwise, it would be illegal.

LachlanF

Amateur urbanexer
28DL Full Member
It doe snot look like it is worth the risk, especially if you have to drag it around with you the whole day :thumb

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Reduced from £99.99 - seems about the right price range!

Tested to European Safety Standard EN131 - Maplin would not sell them otherwise, it would be illegal.

I think it was OT who described the moment he slipped and the only thing that saved him was his leg trapped between the rungs.

I don't think EN131 is tested for the sort of things we get up to :thumb

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
They have their uses although i find them to be quite a hefty investment for the amount of use you will probably actually get out of one.

Alot of the time something can be found close by to substitute for a 3 meter ladder and its alot less dodgey using something you have found on site already. Their main limitation is the view the law would take on you bringing a ladder along to get in somewhere really, morally ok maybe but the law doesnt always follow common sense. Otherwise they are slow to erect and fold away, especially after they get full of grit!

Id say only buy one if you know of somewhere it would do a specific job. Maybe split the cost with a group of your mates and share the use of it. Thats what we do although in maybe 5 years of having it its been used like 3 times and one of them was for the decorating! :D

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
really heavy to lug around, unless you have someone to carry them for you... :)
and really slow to assemble/dismantle.
As well as the obvious 'going equipped' scenario.

Ive used them maybe 5 or 6 times, but they generally get used for household stuff.

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Cheers for the replies, i am undecided..... when i see pallisade fencing i think yes, but prob leave it.