real time web analytics
Mapperley Disused Train Tunnel | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Mapperley Disused Train Tunnel

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheUrbanFox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So decided to go and check out the Mapperley train tunnel and sadly when I got there the tunnel was double fenced (took a picture with my smart phone as I was only checking the area out)
20190804_172734.jpg

Aside from that the area was a really nice area so will possibly be going back to take some pictures of the area. Shame might not be able to look inside but at least wasn't a total bust.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Most of the abandoned tunnels are fenced up tbh, it's just a matter of who wants to climb over and who doesn't lol Its pretty safe to say if you want to explore an old disused tunnel, you are going to have to climb over at least one palisade gate or fence

TheUrbanFox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I get that I guess it's more wow case of "I'm looking for an excuse to not do it" so need to get out of that mind set. Also want to find someone to come with me next time since you never know what can go wrong and safer to go with someone.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yes always wise to travel with a friend, at very least let someone know where you are going and they can then raise an alarm if you never surface again. I'm not really into tunnels, i prefer mines and caves, always welcome to try a mine out round matlock, plenty to go at and see, i've done most of the dry mines and all of the crawly buggars :)

TheUrbanFox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I picked this for my first since it was close to me (closest that I knew of) but tbf would love to go to a whole bunch of different derelicts and site. :)

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you have the gear, and fancy an old mine, nothing needing ropes but obviously torches and decent footwear are a must, let me know dude, i have access to a few gated mines and i've explored all the freely accessible ones to a point that a map is now in my head not on paper lol

TheUrbanFox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i can see a gap you could easy get through ;)

The second you said that I looked again and I THINK I see what you see xD Honestly the area was super quiet and cold it freaked me out a little because I wasn't ready for it so took the pic and with a slight nod thought to myself "Yup...I asserted my manliness...now I want to leave!" so never really looked too much but yeah....lol

If you have the gear, and fancy an old mine, nothing needing ropes but obviously torches and decent footwear are a must, let me know dude, i have access to a few gated mines and i've explored all the freely accessible ones to a point that a map is now in my head not on paper lol

I'm hoping to get my wide lens and some basic gear (footwear, gloves etc) next week so will do :)

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
helmet for the mines, especially the peak district mines, lots of crawly tight head bangy passages lol

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
I get that I guess it's more wow case of "I'm looking for an excuse to not do it" so need to get out of that mind set. Also want to find someone to come with me next time since you never know what can go wrong and safer to go with someone.
Its palisade, i faint a little at the thought of going over them without a ladder, tried going under one set of them at a mill, i got through, but didnt end well.

Very muddy.

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
yes always wise to travel with a friend

Why do I keep seeing you everywhere I look lol

Its always good to go with someone but if you don't have anyone to go with don't let it put you off - especially something as easy as a rail tunnel.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I only comment on underground stuff, its what i like and know. You can travel alone i never said don't, i simply said it's wise and probably more fun with friends... You wouldn't go down Milwr tunnel on your own, as it's simply not just a rail tunnel (anymore anyway), there is bad air and collapses and all sorts of dangers to be aware of including the access. The post OP is clearly quite new so i was just offering advice lol, i'd never recommend someone new to the underground to travel alone.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
new to underground should i say, well i assume so, with the talks of getting the correct gear :)

TheUrbanFox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well as far as my camera gear goes just need a wide lens but finally got a decent tripod I'm happy with so more than likely will be going back sometime next week because the weather looks like it'll be decent.

Who has read this thread (Total: 156) View details