real time web analytics
Report - - Market Harborough District Hospital, Leicestershire - March 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Market Harborough District Hospital, Leicestershire - March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited a couple of months back on a very murky weekday morning. The place had had a bit of a kicking back then, so what it looks like inside now God only knows. Even though it was fairly empty I still quite enjoyed it.

A bit of C&P history (on its fourth round now) :

In 1885, the Market Harborough Dispensary is said to have been built here and remained in use until 1909 where it was then replaced by the current hospital. Originally known as the Market Harborough Cottage Hospital and District Nursing Association, Market Harborough District Hospital was built and opened in 1910. It was staffed by a matron, two district nurses, and a probationer and contained 2 wards with 4 beds each, 2 private wards, an operating theatre, three bathrooms and the matrons living quarters.
A public meeting held in Market Harborough on 12th December 1918 proposed that the town should have two war memorials. The first was a column or cross in the town square to commemorate those who died in the Great War, but the second was to be a free library and reading room in the centre of town in recognition of all those who served. The memorial in the square (listed at Grade II) was dedicated on 21st Sept 1921, but the plans for the library never materialised, and instead were transformed into a memorial extension to the Cottage Hospital, opened in 1923. In 2017, the hospital closed due to the opening of the newly built St. Lukes hospital in the same town, the building was sold in the latter half of 2018 and demolition is expected this year with the buildings being replaced by a new 70–bed care home. The war memorial is in the entrance of the building and is listed and proposed to be kept as part of the new plans.

From the roadside

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (50).jpg

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (48).jpg

Took a bit of scouting, but I eventually found the way in

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (20).jpg

A few folders to leaf through in this room

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (19).jpg

Minor injuries

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (25).jpg

Loads of treatment rooms

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (18).jpg

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (47).jpg

One of the wards

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (32).jpg

Which had began to flood, and this is why...

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (31).jpg

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (38).jpg

I just had to light up the x-ray sign :cool:

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (40).jpg

And it was only after pissing around with the torch I noticed the glowing fire exit signs on the floor

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (27).jpg

In the main entrance

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (43).jpg

'Slamber City M9' and standard knob graff

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (33).jpg

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (34).jpg

The place is small but I still had to navigate by use of the signs at a certain point!

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (5).jpg

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (21).jpg

And one last shot from an upstairs office window overlooking the main road

Market Harborough District Hospital - 27th March (46).jpg

Overall a very enjoyable couple of hours :thumb

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 298) View details