real time web analytics
Report - - Marsden Old fire station - Marsden - Oct 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Marsden Old fire station - Marsden - Oct 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Worm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After a quick train journey down to Lockwood and a 10 minute walk up to Newsome Mill, we were unable to gain access. We then retreated to Slaithwaite to check out Westwood Mill, only to find that it was surrounded by scaffolding. The floor is falling through and the wood is weak and rotting so we decided to pass. We then headed down the road to Marsden to check out the old fire station we had we had spotted another day.

This is how the Fire Station used to look back in the day.

west yorks marsden old -4 1982.JPG

west yorks marsden old 2005 100_2455.JPG

The fire station was built in 1909, in 1914 it then housed an ambulance which was given to Marsden by John Edward Crowtherwhich was kept in the arch door on the right (I am not sure whether this was an extension or part of the original building). In 2005 it then closed and the part time fire workers moved next door to the emergency house. It is said to be one of the first fire stations in the country with an age of 106 years old. Not long back in 2013 there were discussions whether or not to convert the building into a yoga studio and cafe.

Marsden Old Fire Station-11.jpg

Marsden Old Fire Station.jpg

Marsden Old Fire Station-9.jpg

Marsden Old Fire Station-5.jpg

Marsden Old Fire Station-7.jpg

Marsden Old Fire Station-2.jpg

Marsden Old Fire Station-3.jpg

Marsden Old Fire Station-4.jpg

Marsden Old Fire Station-6.jpg

Last edited:

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Nicely done :thumb

The number of times I have passed here and wondered if it was worth a look, it might not be the biggest place but doesn't look that bad for a stroll.

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
There's a video of @Gone riding that bike somewhere hahaha. Epic explore! :D

I'm struggling to understand how you failed at Low Westwood Mill, though. It's wide open!

Worm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's a video of @Gone riding that bike somewhere hahaha. Epic explore! :D

I'm struggling to understand how you failed at Low Westwood Mill, though. It's wide open!

The floor has fallen through everywhere as the wood is all rotten and weak. We could have got in but you never know.

Fudge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ha, brilliant video Tweek.

Also, not sure if the photo of the guy on the bike is you KGr33n but you look familiar..