real time web analytics
Report - - Martin B-26 Marauder - RAF Long Marsden - September 2018 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Martin B-26 Marauder - RAF Long Marsden - September 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbexTreasure

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was hoping to explore the rest of RAF Long Marsden but we ran into a few builders, we asked if it was okay for us to go and have a look at the Martin B-26 Marauder and they agreed as long as we stayed in sight.

If anyone could tell me some information about this plane I would be very grateful as I am very curious and am unable to find out that much.
Many thanks

View attachment 875760

UrbexTreasure

Last edited:

Kally

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's a Percival Sea Prince, not a Marauder.

According to other reports from Long Marston, it's been there a while, but I couldn't tell you anything more about it.

lonewolf_534

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As already mentioned, the aircraft is a Percival Sea Prince. There is also an old Avro Shackleton a little further round and whats left of a Gloster Meteor.
Worth a visit but the land is earmarked for construction, so this will be another sad loss.
Has anyone visited the old race track the other side of the airfield?

flying solo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As already mentioned, the aircraft is a Percival Sea Prince. There is also an old Avro Shackleton a little further round and whats left of a Gloster Meteor.
Worth a visit but the land is earmarked for construction, so this will be another sad loss.
Has anyone visited the old race track the other side of the airfield?
That plane has now gone to a new home and the Shackleton has been moved in what was the pits for the track and is planned to be moved soon. The plane was painted when the Gods Kitchen events were held there for a few years.

lonewolf_534

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That plane has now gone to a new home and the Shackleton has been moved in what was the pits for the track and is planned to be moved soon. The plane was painted when the Gods Kitchen events were held there for a few years.
Thanks for the info, I almost went down last weekend for a look around. A shame, I have taken photo's there in the past.

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The shackleton has moved to St Mawgan. It went about 3 weeks ago. Just the Meteor left now.

Who has read this thread (Total: 380) View details