Web
Analytics
Martin Farr (cave diving) | Urban Community Portal | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Martin Farr (cave diving)

justjay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been looking at some of this guys work over the past few weeks..
http://www.farrworld.co.uk/
never really been interested in diving.. untill now!! :Not Worthy this guy has some amazing photos... i know he is looking at doing a old silver mine near me.. so waiting to see what he comes up with :thumb

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
Regular User
Id love to dive in old mines or caves just never really knew where to start,
The pics on his website are lovely and the colours are really vibrant.

OneLife

Live it!
28DL Full Member
A friend of mine is well in to this, its not an easy thing to start up though. A lot of training and dives to be completed before you can go for this. Not bad if your already an eperienced scuba diver though.

Id like to get into wreck diving myself. already do the odd bit of muff diving.

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
this report is one of my all-time favourites.
That's the report I was going to link to - first time I looked at it I scrolled down thinking, interesting place - but pics are a bit weird - then you come to the one of the diver and realise the whole place is flooded :eek:

Largeuglygreeny

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i've had a dabble in cave diving from my standard diving normaly the images you get are pitch black !!! especially tight cave were as you fin you kick the silt up.you get buoyancy wrong and you knock silt up!

Best bit of videography i've scene is this,http://vimeo.com/14388873
its deep wrecks of northern Ireland hms audacious, empire heritage and ss justica. Might be of interest to a few of you particularly the empire heritage that still has bits of metal that look like tanks on it and lorry chassis.

There are a fair few underwater mining works and quarrys i would be interested in getting into, but as i currently don't have a housing for my DSLR i don't think my compact will handle the low (well no) light conditions. Maybe in time i will save up a bit and follow dads route back into serious cave diving though for now i'm happy pottering about leaving nothing but bubbles.

just for interest does anyone have any more info on the shelter mentioned above? Why it was flooded and what sort of depth its in.