real time web analytics
Report - - Matthews Equestrian Centre - Kent - August 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Matthews Equestrian Centre - Kent - August 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History
Matthews Equestrian Centre was owned by a Tony Rocco who made his fortune as a professional wrestler back in the 70's. He built the place as a memorial to his son Matthew who died at a young age. Mr Rocco wasn't a horseman but he was a visionary and a very good publicist and so at the time Matthews Equestrian Centre featured heavily on the local tv.
The council put the nail in the coffin of Matthews by refusing planning permission for more major shows and as a sort 'up yours' to them, Mr Rocco decided to leave it there to rot rather than redevelop it.

The Explore

Sadly the venue has been subject to many fires and vandals smashing the place up over the years which is a shame. I have visited the place many times over the years and have seen change every time. Thought I would take some snaps as I never have bothered to take my camera there before.

This place would be ideal as a first explore for someone wanting to learn the ropes, an easy access with a couple of nice little features left.

On to the pictures

1F_zpsrvnlvyob.jpg

2F_zpsmapbrfdz.jpg

3. Rapunzel Rapunzel
3F_zpsanxxdkia.jpg

4F_zpsd3alwkdb.jpg

5F_zpsvjuazjpe.jpg

6F_zpsifrsa360.jpg

7F_zpshbg4zayg.jpg

9F_zps6dxljrvl.jpg

10F_zpsg1zaszz3.jpg

13F_zpsg1logpnk.jpg

15F_zpspzjgkvlj.jpg

16F_zpswfedkfad.jpg

17F_zpseavgryqm.jpg

18F_zpssocxbodx.jpg

Thanks for taking a ganders :thumb

mockney reject

Staff member
Seen a couple of reports on this, It pisses me off that some council's are so short sighted. It could have been great for the area

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seen a couple of reports on this, It pisses me off that some council's are so short sighted. It could have been great for the area

Would have bought a lot of life to an area that needed it! Such a shame but thats councils for you, they are a joke