real time web analytics
Report - - McEwans Fountain Brewery (the "demolished" one) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - McEwans Fountain Brewery (the "demolished" one)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited with Oxygen Thief and Raddog.

McEwans reports sprung up a while ago, and as breweries are one of my fav explores, I was itching to get there...

Then someone said in their reports that it had been demolished. Why I don't know, but I took their word for it, and last scot trip we even stopped in the city and did not go for a look... Every time I went into the off licence the laughing cavalier looked at me, laughing that I had not made it to his epic home :(

Well, browsing the forum a fountain brewery report springs up... "old pics?" I ask... "no this week"

:eek:

Its still there!!

Well what can I say. The fountain brewery ticks just about every box for reasons that I explore. Underground tunnles, epic rooftops, hidden treasure, industry on a truley epic scale, creeping around, comedy moments... this place had it all.

The site is split up into seperate buildings. This is not a problem if you can work out how to get in the tunnel networks... as these take you around the whole brewery. We took in the brewhalls, offices, and huge boiler house.

At the bottom of a staircase we found a shattered 1941 model of the brewery as it had been before major demolition and rebuilding in the 70s(?). Someone had taken it out of it's case and thrown it down th stairs. We spent a very long time hunting the tiny buildings down and re-assembling it... looks epic again now!

While we were sunning ourselves on the roof, with bread and cheese we noticed two men in the compound, patching up our access point!!
Luckily they did the worst job in the world, and still left it in a "walk in" state:p

I would urge everyone to go and see this place, it rules!! From now on, the laughing cavalier will be laughing with me, not at me!!

ss1of30-2.jpg

ss10of30-2.jpg

ss11of30-2.jpg

ss12of30-2.jpg

ss13of30-2.jpg

ss14of30-2.jpg

ss15of30-2.jpg

Before...
ss16of30-2.jpg

Getting there...
ss18of30-2.jpg

Bingo!!