real time web analytics
Question - - Medium sized DSLR rucksack/camera bag | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Medium sized DSLR rucksack/camera bag

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
I need a medium sized rucksack/camera bag with the ability to hold a tripod on the side of it. I have a D90 with a couple of extra lenses and accessories. Can anyone suggest something? Looking to spend up to around £40, less would be better though :)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
rather than a rucksack get say a lowepro, as for actually which one I'm sure someone will be along to better advise on that score

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Id like a lowepro with a side tripod mount. I currently have a lowepro but the tripod mount is on the back and it hangs backwards a little which causes it to catch on things! I'll have a look on their site.

stewy1984

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ive got a lowepro vertex 100 aw. Its great if you just want to carry camera gear, but if you need other stuff i.e a drink, jacket etc. Its shite. Very bulky even more so with a tripod on the back.

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Ive got a lowepro vertex 100 aw. Its great if you just want to carry camera gear, but if you need other stuff i.e a drink, jacket etc. Its shite. Very bulky even more so with a tripod on the back.

Thanks for the heads up. I do like to carry a drink and cornish pasty from time to time lol

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
I really want this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000YIWR8G/?tag=networkmechan-21

A friend bought one a couple of weeks ago and it's ace. Got space for camera body, lenses, 17" notebook, and holds a tripod on the side.

It is fairly pricey at 70 quid (but down from 95), but you are paying for a good name I guess!

I do like that one. It's the side tripod mount is the main reason I want a new one. I bet you know why as well!

jST

LLS.
Regular User
I had one of those Kata ones ^^ until I derped it so hard it fell to pieces.

Now got some lowepro side access thing 400, which was £35.

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I went for the Kata one as it looks a good size for me. Can't have one too big lol

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
I bought a Lowepro Versapack 200aw - great bag, side access, plenty of space for a D70 and a couple of lenses, plus there's another top compartment that is a reasonable size. You can mount the tripod on the back or underneath - the underneath thing is also good for strapping a coat to.
Got mine for £55 from Amazon I think but I have seen the new and used on ebay in the past for £40.

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details