real time web analytics
Report - - Medlock Culvert, Manchester - Sept 2010. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Medlock Culvert, Manchester - Sept 2010.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Medlock Culvert Re-visit - Present Ojay, Millhouse & Doc-P.

Culverted under the Eastlands area of Manchester and Sportcity is this section of the River Medlock. Not all that long but some interesting features.

Constructed of varying brick & stone and dating back to the Victorian era, it has to be said that this is still one of my favourite culverts.

Around halfway through it is intersected with a cool waterfall from the nearby canal system that runs through Philips Park, and then proceeds down to the Outfall towards Aardwick.

It was a good opportunity for Millhouse to play around underground with his new camera, and gave myself and Doc-P an excuse to get out of the house and dick about in your culverts.

There appeared to be a gas mains leak nearby, as there was a strong smell at the Infall, which soon passed as we traversed through.

We had about an hour before it started to piss down and we decided to GTFO as the levels were a lot higher than the last time I was in here.

In your culverts.....

Med8.jpg

Med5.jpg

Med7.jpg

Med9.jpg

Med4.jpg

Med3.jpg

Med2.jpg

Med1.jpg

Med6.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

Last edited: