real time web analytics
Meeting other UrbEx'rs... on your own roof. | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Meeting other UrbEx'rs... on your own roof.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rebuilda

28DL Member
28DL Member
Just thought I'd share my chance encounter with a couple of young explorers last Saturday night
I live on the 5th and 6th floors of an apartment block in NW Kent. Its only temporary, well it was supposed to be.

I'd had a long day, just about to turn in for bed when there was a noise out on the roof terrace, the flats in darkness as the light pollution is enough for me to navigate by so it looks empty from outside.
Peering into the darkness outside I can see two figures sitting on my terrace wall. Not something I expected to be honest but having done similar myself I calmly opened the large sliding door trying not to cause panic.
One slid down part of the roof but the young lady remained calm as I explained that I understood what and why they were doing and that I didn't have issue with what they'd done.
I think they were still quite spooked which is a shame, don't get to meet to many explorers on your own roof and i'd have been happy for them to stay and take the photo's they were after.

They left the same way they arrived, a good climb I might add.

Both were respectful, polite and deserve credit for that.

Thats it, no drama, no photo's just a credit to the two youngun's for being adventurous enough to make the climb.