real time web analytics
Report - - Megatron, Sheffield, April 2014 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Megatron, Sheffield, April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Group explore with; The Kwan, Georgie, Telf, Lenston & JuJu. Great to meet you all.

I was told that waders were essential for this place, so I had a frantic drive round 4 shops till I eventually found some. Although some sections were dry, they were definitely needed. The terrain was often slow going, but negotiable. As a previous report has mentioned, you can see that different sections have been built at different times, and it quickly changes from concrete to elegant Victorian arches. Towards the end of the explore we even found a family of ducklings too. Thanks to Mr Lenston for driving us around. We would have looked a right bunch of wallys walking round downtown Sheffield in waders. :D

This place was awesome - Thanks for having us along! :thumbs

The city of Sheffield derives its name from the Sheaf; the river which was culverted beneath the city's streets in the 1860's.

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

Hope you enjoyed reading :)

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
Re: Megatron, Sheffield, Apr14

Excellent mate was a good mooch this and good to meet you guys... And gal

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member

Nice shots mate. Love the stone arches. :thumb

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Brilliant pictures Mr wombat, and it was good to meet you too, these really are glorious images man, probably because of your touchscreen camera...:rolleyes: I need to get up to speed with cameras.All in all areally nice day in Sheff :thumb

Fking hell Mr W, I need to take photies like this
IMG_3810.jpg

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Great report and pics Wombat :thumb
Great to meet you n juju.

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Great report :) not even looked at my pictures yet! Don't think they will be as good as these as my camera is an old girl but I still love her to bits :) Was great to meet you guys, give us a shout if you are near ish to Leicester again. Thanks for driving to Sheff Wombat and thanks to Lenston for the drive around. Was a really fun day :) luckily we managed to avoid the spiders and the needles.

Nickindroy

A Porky Prime Cut
Regular User

Ace mate! Think I'm the only one on here, who's never been. Soon I reckon. :thumb

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I had been waiting for ages to do this one, was worth the wait though :)

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member

Brilliant pictures Mr wombat, and it was good to meet you too, these really are glorious images man, probably because of your touchscreen camera...:rolleyes: I need to get up to speed with cameras.All in all areally nice day in Sheff :thumb

Fking hell Mr W, I need to take photies like this
IMG_3810.jpg

Great to meet you Uncle Kwan, and thanks for having us along, we had a really good day out :thumbs
And thank you very much for the compliment on the photo... I was just a humble Canon user, in a sea of Nikon experts :)

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User

Some great images here mate, missed this post from earlier, great day out with some excellent company :D

tomtrow90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

nothing wrong walking town in waders haha. iv done it several times after visiting the tron. some peoples faces are priceless

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details