real time web analytics
Report - - Meir Social Club, Stoke on Trent - May 2017 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Meir Social Club, Stoke on Trent - May 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
May 2017

I've not managed to get out for a while and with the warm evenings we've had I decided to play this small venue a visit. The Meir Social and Sports club closed in mid 2015 with plans being submitted to demolish the current building and replace it with 17 homes and a smaller club. The site consists of the main club building with several function rooms, 2 bowling greens and a series of storage garages at the rear of the site. the upstairs of the property is pretty much gutted due to a fire that destroyed upper floor in October 2016. However the ground floor was in pretty good condition with many original feature still in tact. From the outside the club looks like it is going to be a shel but inside you'll find a office complete with files full of former members details and piles of photographs from various events held at the club, anyway on with the photos.

IMG_4750499e4.jpg

[4]

IMG_4806107f2.jpg

[5]

IMG_4828dd278.jpg

[7]

IMG_483698778.jpg

[8]

IMG_4792e8677.jpg

[9]

[11]​
Cheers for looking.​

Last edited by a moderator:

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Nice one Gronk, it's a shame we only ever seem to find out about these clubs via the newspaper article describing the inevitable fire that's engulfed the place. Looks interesting nonetheless!

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ahh nice one, good to see inside this. It'd dropped down my list a bit after the big fire as I assumed it was completely gutted, but seems like there is actually stuff to see still.

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
sounds like the story of many social clubs in the uk , i recently did the ESWA CLUB in birkenhead which also had a fire , great pics n story @GRONK

JaydenBennett

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello, I'm a Starter Urban Explorer, I lIve In Stoke and looking for a place to start. Can you please or anyone tell me the current Condition of this building.