real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Men given criminal behaviour orders for hanging off high rise building and climbing on a large crane | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Men given criminal behaviour orders for hanging off high rise building and climbing on a large crane

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Each to their own, but dangling someone 15 stories over an entrance of a building may have just pushed the limits in the eyes of the law.

It's ok to kill yourself, but some poor granny on her way home from bingo, a young mum pushing her pram or the local dealer then that's a different matter.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Give it a year or two and all this shit will just be straight up illegal. Shame he spent all his 'get well soon' money on weed and gopros, might have been able to hire a better lawyer.

Ironically he sold his GoPro recently to pay for the costs incurred

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
There will no doubt be four sets of relieved parents in lowestoft tonight, parents who probably dont even understand the lure of the internet and its "like, comment or share" ..I am glad that they have been stopped because it was just a matter of time before tradgedy would strike but putting other people at risk is just plain daft.

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I suppose the best hope is that it will blow over eventually and normal service will resume, it would be a damn sight worse if some wannabe Mustang wanted landed on poor old Mrs McGreggor with 15 stories worth of gravity as she just popped out to the shop to top up her leccy card :)
Too be honest I dont think that this lad in particular would give a toss about fucking it up for others and any exposure is likely good exposure in his eyes but I think that he is probably quietly relieved because he was clearly out of his depth and this is a door for him to exit stage left with his life and some face saved.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
My worry is that now the police have found a new way to deal with those of us who enjoy a good crane.

Fucks sake.

It has been that way in Scotland for a long time, we lost an active member a few years ago after she was successfully.prosicuted for 'breach of the peace' after climbing a crane. It opened my eyes at the time.

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member
People have got in trouble doing cranes before as mentioned, and no doubt this does set a precedent by which others could be prosecuted in a similar way. Looks like they didn't actually get caught doing it though?

My two cents is that they were successfully prosecuted because: A. They were actively endangering their own lives and those of others, and B. they stuck videos of it all over the web, which garnered both the attention they wanted (possibly) and that they didn't (clearly).

I don't think I actively climb cranes in my city, certainly not as a specific target. I've done a fair few over the years and seen Cardiff from a whole bunch of angles and the process itself becomes very repetitive (just a personal opinion I know), but it seems the practice itself has become a whole sub-practice where once it was just something most of us did for fun when visiting mates in a different city or something, and this itself is hard not to relate to the whole 'buzzfeed viral rooftoppers go to [insert megalopolis name here] and smash it all over youtube and facebook' thing. I just share here (occasionally) and privately with mates or on facebook, where you have to be my friend to see my posts. I'm not really too worried that this will ruin anything!

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
If it stops mongs climbing cranes and acting like knobs about it then it's not a bad thing. Lets face it, if it's worth climbing it's worth a dumb legal wrangle over in the same way as tube stuff or power stations. The days of us going out and climbing tower cranes for the crac went years ago didn't it?

mockney reject

Staff member
If it stops mongs climbing cranes and acting like knobs about it then it's not a bad thing. Lets face it, if it's worth climbing it's worth a dumb legal wrangle over in the same way as tube stuff or power stations. The days of us going out and climbing tower cranes for the crac went years ago didn't it?

I think those of "us" that climb cranes do it for our own fun and dont need to shout about it :)

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin

It did really. The fun went out of it after they wised up to us. They're decent places to hide when the cops are looking for you though.