real time web analytics
Report - - Mentmore Golf and Country Club - June 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mentmore Golf and Country Club - June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CookieRaider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History:

Mentmore Golf and Country Club, established in 1992 and opened by Irish star, David Feherty and European Ryder Cup captain, Bernard Gallacher. The gold club had two eighteen-hole golf courses designed by Bob Sandow, the Rothschild Course and the Rosebery Course. The club ceased trading in 2015. It is on land which used to be park land for Mentmore Towers, built for Baron Meyer Amschel de Rothschild.

The Explore:

I'd seen this doing the rounds online last summer, and wasn't planning to visit until I mentioned it to my Dad who said he had played here a few times when he used to play golf. Thought I might as well take a trip as I was fairly local. This got plastered up all over facebook very quickly (where doesn't these days) and I heard from a friend who visited a week after myself who had an encounter with a very angry groundsman on a quadbike.

On our visit we did find a shed with boxes full of range gold balls and a few left over clubs and spent quite a while hitting some balls into the lake and on the old course!

Photos:

50911051266_fa08c56d99_b.jpg

50910364378_5dc8474897_b.jpg

50911201492_bfc23a4a1c_b.jpg

50911198042_e8ec470406_b.jpg

50911200452_e9841c2ae9_b.jpg

50911065036_7e2907e800_b.jpg

50911061316_55444822b8_b.jpg

Yes I did check, couldn't find keys anywhere. I don't think they had power left anyway :confused:

50911205057_58438a9bec_b.jpg

50911049526_b569021eab_b.jpg

More photos can be found on my Flickr, here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuarthomas/albums/72157718170615388

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice looking place, something a bit different, I wonder what plans lay in store for it. Shame its out there. It looks so clean at the mo. No doubt give it a few weeks and the changes will be massive. Well done on documenting the place :thumb

5PR1NK5

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah good to see this one's still doable, used the gym last year while they were closed during lockdown Lol

Parysperspective

A peach, a nice welcoming peach
Banned
When I went last year it was more secured than previously (locks and chains, that kinda thing) and had live in secca.

Tho it took a lot for him to come down. Knocking. Door bell. Loud music from my car. Skidding in the car park. Finally honking the horn worked. Why did we do this you ask? Well people forget to just try asking if you can have a nosy. Yes, not as fun. But gone all that way and couldn’t get in.

The men on the two-week security rota get very lonely (he was happy to see two lasses lol) and getting things such a cigs is not doable as there’s nowhere local for them to get cigs from. So give him a pack of cigs and you can have a look around. That’s what we did.

Plus he flirted a little. Cringe. We just ignored his attempts of that!

Amberl32

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You cant drive up to the golf course anymore gates are locked we just park up and walk its local to me . Never seen security up there tbh . It's not alarmed house has CCTV and someone living in the main gatehouse ..plenty of places to hide and the greenkeepers shed is fun lots of old golf carts and lawnmowers to look at

oleo.21

oleophotos
28DL Full Member
When I went last year it was more secured than previously (locks and chains, that kinda thing) and had live in secca.

Tho it took a lot for him to come down. Knocking. Door bell. Loud music from my car. Skidding in the car park. Finally honking the horn worked. Why did we do this you ask? Well people forget to just try asking if you can have a nosy. Yes, not as fun. But gone all that way and couldn’t get in.

The men on the two-week security rota get very lonely (he was happy to see two lasses lol) and getting things such a cigs is not doable as there’s nowhere local for them to get cigs from. So give him a pack of cigs and you can have a look around. That’s what we did.

Plus he flirted a little. Cringe. We just ignored his attempts of that!

We went last year and found security in his office at the top. We knocked on the window to see if he’d let us in but he had the radio on so loud he didn’t even hear us

Amberl32

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hahaha they are usually up at the main house if they alarm goes off they come down but you can happily play where's wally with them up at the house just run around the side of it and hide don't think the sensors work but they do have cctv they will only tell you to leave

Who has read this thread (Total: 410) View details