Web
Analytics
Mentmore Towers | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Mentmore Towers

imshafted

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello 28DL,

I visited Mentmore Towers yesterday and managed to get all the way to the back of the house for the picture that I really wanted.

Was just curious if anyone had anyone had been inside the mansion either present day, or in the past before its current ownership and if so, if they'd taken any pictures. I would love just 5 minutes inside to see what state its in but I can't imagine the guards/dogs being that friendly.

Imshafted

Parysperspective

A peach, a nice welcoming peach
28DL Full Member
Some people have got in somehow.

There is security. Some have been greeted by a man on a golf buggy (the normal security) and some have been greeted by someone working on behalf of “the client” and shooed people away. Apparently there’s plenty of cctv too.

Whilst it seems it’s not 100% impossible, it is hard

The property is only used for filming like once a year I gather. So sometime someone will go when there’s activity going on.

I would kinda like to have a go out of curiosity but not sure.

bfmucker

28DL Member
28DL Member
I got in there today. No signs on the main gate other than a please keep out. Plenty of CCTV. I was accosted about 5 mins in by people that work there. Very hands on and aggressive. Needless to say they do not want people on the land. CCTV is only on the main roadways and around the main house, plenty of opportunity to get in around the perimeter, maybe do it after dark to avoid the unskilled labourers.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
There was someone in the golf club when we checked it at 6 in morn one day last year!

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If anyone is popping up for a nosey anytime soon, I wouldn't mind tagging along if they wouldn't mind :)

Parysperspective

A peach, a nice welcoming peach
28DL Full Member
They have live in “security” at the towers and golf club. They each stay there for two weeks, then go home, whilst another two comes for two weeks. So they do a rotational swap. This is according to the very lonely one at the golf club… he was happy to talk to two lasses (and ask if one of us had a boyfriend) and let us look around last summer. Haha.

yeah you do get a black security car coming to the towers based off cctv that are a bit twatty. But need to go when they’re off duty and its only the live in guy. But not sure what timing that would be.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
They have live in “security” at the towers and golf club. They each stay there for two weeks, then go home, whilst another two comes for two weeks. So they do a rotational swap. This is according to the very lonely one at the golf club… he was happy to talk to two lasses (and ask if one of us had a boyfriend) and let us look around last summer. Haha.

yeah you do get a black security car coming to the towers based off cctv that are a bit twatty. But need to go when they’re off duty and its only the live in guy. But not sure what timing that would be.
that sounds right from what we found

Amberl32

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hahaha going to check this out, tactically booked a table at the local pub scout the area out I've seen vids of people getting in looks bloody epic I hear people are buried on the grounds

Last edited by a moderator:

imshafted

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hahaha going to check this out, tactically booked a table at the local pub scout the area out I've seen vids of people getting in looks bloody epic I hear people are buried on the grounds
Its the reason why Simon Halabi apparently refused to sell the property to the National Trust - I think it might be his son who is buried on the grounds and he's keeping Mentmore as a memorial to his memory.

Amberl32

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its the reason why Simon Halabi apparently refused to sell the property to the National Trust - I think it might be his son who is buried on the grounds and he's keeping Mentmore as a memorial to his memory.
Yes that's it I've read about that apparently a couple of people got arrested for being on site last month . Will be a sketchy one but so worth it the site is massive