real time web analytics
Report - - Merseyway Tunnel - Stockport - Aug 2011 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Merseyway Tunnel - Stockport - Aug 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I found myself littlebug free for four days so a phone call from Horus later and it looked like I'd be spending my saturday night underground.....WIN :thumb

After an entertaining few hours at Whittingham and a good rummage through Blackburn royal Infirmary myself and NickUK headed to Stockport to meet Horus and Bigjobs.
A little while later we were setting sail, all was good as we reached dry land.

The River Mersey is around 70 miles long, stretching from Stockport, Greater Manchester, and ending at Liverpool Bay, Merseyside.
The Merseyway tunnel is a 500m culverted section of the river underneath the town centre.
In 2001 there were plans to fit glass panels to the pavements within the centre to reveal the River Mersey underneath, this was a plan to try and boost tourism in the town. However there has been no development of these plans.

arches-5.jpg

pillar-1.jpg

pillars-4.jpg

fence.jpg

bigjobs2.jpg

you.jpg

On our return voyage myself and Horus ripped it up with some 360 tricks to the sound of a sinking vessel and shouts of "DON'T look at US!!!" from Captain Bigjobs :p

Good times. Thankyou to everyone involved.

Thanks for looking :thumb