real time web analytics
Report - - MG Rover Longbridge, factory and air raid shelters | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - MG Rover Longbridge, factory and air raid shelters

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome back to Longbridge!! After a lead that part of site was being demolished myself and Raddog jumped at the chance of a return visit. Once inside we headed through the records room, with it's miles of filing cabinets and into the heart of the old west works. This is the older part of the site which was originally the Austin factory. Many many great motor cars have been produced under this roof...

Followed the car track to the bridge made famous by the first batch of Rover pics... now sadly stripped of the car shells. The west works has a cracking old feel to it, and many very old features. The toilets of all things are out of this world!

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Re: MG Rover Longbridge, factory and air raid shelters. REPORT

We made our way from the west works to the newer body assembly building. In here the offices are pretty much as left. Hardwood desks sit surrounded by Rover branded chairs. The assembly plant itself is completley stripped bare. Note the wartime camoflage in the sixth picture!!

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Re: MG Rover Longbridge, factory and air raid shelters. REPORT

Now all my life I have heard rumours about vast tunnels underground at Longbridge... believe me they are not roumours!! The air raid shelter is huge. The pics dont show it's size as we did not have search blaster!! Down there is a filing cabinet filled with 1970's and 80's brochures for Rovers, mini's, Metro's and Land Rovers!! Also crash test dummy limbs and even some of the original wooden seating, supported by steel chains!! It really was fantastic to finally see it!!

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg