real time web analytics
Report - - Mid Wales Asylum | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mid Wales Asylum

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AdventuresofTom

Tom Patterson
28DL Full Member
The Brecon and Radnorshire Joint Counties Lunatic Asylum as it was named when it first opened in 1903 is definitely one of the more visited and reported asylums in the UK but i'm new to urban exploring and decided to go and check the place out for myself, unfortunately the access to the main complex wasn't readily available but we managed to find access to an outer building that wasn't at all secure. The site is in pretty bad shape which is a massive shame as it would have been great to see it in its day. There was two cars that were driving past every couple of minutes and a police car also appeared so we didn't stay for long but for a first explore it was an excellent experience and I cant wait to get out and explore more places. I have a video up on my new youtube channel which ill put a link to below if anyone fancies a look.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeMz1-qp7sS6qP4IOfHLHNA

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

AdventuresofTom

Tom Patterson
28DL Full Member
nice first report !....have you done denbigh asylum in north wales ?

Yes mate I did that the day after, didn't know what to expect when I got there with us being constantly watched at talgarth but was pleasantly surprised to find it so accessible and the only people around being other explorers

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Nice to see a report from the forgotten asylum. But fuck me what a sorry state. Very much LOL at the CCTV signs, only 10 years too late.

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
wow.. that place has seriously deteriorated. Heard from other explorers that the locals had taken to slashing car tyres from explorers parking at the front. Hopefully you weren't affected by the goons.
When i went a few year back , we parked up the top and walked it... (saves petrol, AND tyres!)
but my god, that place is a shambles now.... thanks for the update and the pics though.

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Very much LOL at the CCTV signs, only 10 years too late.

seemed to be much the case at any asylum... Cherry Knowle closed in 1998 but it took sunderland council 10 years to put up a fence, let alone security!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
seemed to be much the case at any asylum... Cherry Knowle closed in 1998 but it took sunderland council 10 years to put up a fence, let alone security!

The fence at CK was the ultimate waste of money given they started knocking it down soon after!

AdventuresofTom

Tom Patterson
28DL Full Member
wow.. that place has seriously deteriorated. Heard from other explorers that the locals had taken to slashing car tyres from explorers parking at the front. Hopefully you weren't affected by the goons.
When i went a few year back , we parked up the top and walked it... (saves petrol, AND tyres!)
but my god, that place is a shambles now.... thanks for the update and the pics though.

Its certainly a mess now, we didn't have any trouble like that as we parked at the bottom of the hill