real time web analytics
Report - - Mid Wales Hospital - Talgarth - April 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mid Wales Hospital - Talgarth - April 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
The recent reports on this site reminded me i should really go and have a look myself, visited with Chauffeur, Scary mary and Magoo

some info stolen from wiki....
The Mid Wales Hospital was a psychiatric hospital in Talgarth, Wales. It opened in 1906 and was formerly known as the Brecon and Radnor Joint Asylum. It is in echelon style (narrow arrow) The site was also home to the Mid and West Wales College of Nursing and Midwifery and the Powys Drugs & Alcohol Council for substance misuse.
With new health legislations coming into force in the early 1990s and 'care in the community' the entire hospital was wound down during the 1990s and closed for good in 1999. Some facilities moved into nearby Bronllys Hospital (formally South Wales Sanitorium).
The estate is now privately owned after being sold for approx. £350,000
There have been plans to re-develop the site as "The Black Mountains Business Park", however the site lies on the edge of town in a rural area, and the buildings are in a fairly poor state internally, and this limited the parks operation. The site was put up for sale again in December 2009

Re-development plans found in admin
plans.jpg

Admin
admin.jpg

admin2.jpg

Clock tower
insideclocktower.jpg

Wards
colorcorridor.jpg

wetwindows.jpg

peeleystairs.jpg

wetchair.jpg

stairsbigger.jpg

Some music?
piano2.jpg

Main Hall
mainhall-1.jpg

Chapel
chapel1.jpg

666.jpg

It would seem the Morgue has been converted into a sandwich shop at some point, but the Chapel of rest remains sectioned off.
chapelofrest2.jpg

it was a ridiculously long day but worth the effort, thanks for looking :thumb