real time web analytics
Report - - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth August 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Laurie Dear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

This building was originally called the Brecon and Radnor Joint Counties Lunatic Asylum in Talgarth, Wales. It was opened in 1903 and became a war hospital in 1940 during the second world war. Patients were transferred out of this hospital during that time, but in 1947 it went back to being a civilian used hospital and later became apart of the National Health System in 1948. in 1999 the last ward was closed down and some of the services and facilities were transferred to the near by Bronllys Hospital.

Explore

Visited here earlier on this year and fancied another go with a nonmember, plus there was a Talgarth festival so thought brilliant, locals will be down in the town so should be fairly uninterrupted. Wondered around for about half an hour through some of the asbestos infested corridors and dodgy flooring that i didn't explore last time. I heard a banging...thought nothing of it as there are plenty of unexplained noises around the place. Then got spotted by a bald welsh bloke covered in tattoos claiming to be the key holder to the hospital when going to the buildings near the entrance. He told us he's going to ring the police and we will be prosecuted for trespassing. Him and two other blokes waited with us whilst police arrived who basically told us we are not to go in for health reasons and asked us whether or not we had smashed the main doors down as we were accused by the blokes of pushing them down and gaining access...only for them to be told they were wrong. Another group were being talked to by the police but never saw them inside.

DSC_1413_zpsddaf8668.jpg

DSC_1424_zps7b8920f4.jpg

DSC_1409_zpsb54c40c1.jpg

DSC_1415_zpsbb6fc8e7.jpg

DSC_1397_zps3df9da63.jpg

DSC_1403_zps0599bd0d.jpg

DSC_1428_zps6927037a.jpg

DSC_1433_zps94e8593a.jpg

Angry welsh locals who caught us whilst supposedly doing some work on a sunday...
DSC_1435_zpseab9ab37.jpg

Thank you for reading

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey....don"t be knocking Tattooed Bald Welsh Blokes...some are ok ........not me though obviously :)

Looks a decent mooch :thumb apart from the Tooled up Tools:wanker I"d like to see them approach "Yorkshire Metal Fairies" like that:D

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details