real time web analytics
Mid Wales hospital Talgarth, worth it? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Mid Wales hospital Talgarth, worth it?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Given it’s Current state and potential security issues I wanted to ask the experts if you think it’s worth the 3 and a half hour drive?
Ive been on some long journeys and have been plenty of these places and have avoided secca like there’s no tomorrow so I’m not new to this I just want peoples opinions if they feel the drive would be worth it?

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Depends how keen you are on what it has to offer. It's a big site and basically completely composted, there are no real reminders anywhere that is was some kind of medical institution, it is not photogenic nor are there artefacts to peruse but it does somehow retain a sort of bygone rural institutional feeling. Access will not be a problem, but it comes down to whether this is the vibe you are seeking or if you just want a big abandoned building in better nick, because there are heaps of those everywhere.

The Explorer Returns

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Depends how keen you are on what it has to offer. It's a big site and basically completely composted, there are no real reminders anywhere that is was some kind of medical institution, it is not photogenic nor are there artefacts to peruse but it does somehow retain a sort of bygone rural institutional feeling. Access will not be a problem, but it comes down to whether this is the vibe you are seeking or if you just want a big abandoned building in better nick, because there are heaps of those everywhere.
Couldn’t have put it better myself lol

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I’m gonna have to consider is 3 and a half hours worth it for nothing remaining no artefacts or anything...

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah I’m gonna have to consider is 3 and a half hours worth it for nothing remaining no artefacts or anything...
Despite it being a rotten shit hole I quite enjoyed my visit last year. I’d find some other stuff in the area though. It’s a long drive if you only plan Talgarth! You won’t need a whole day there. Might as well take advantage of the long days, get there early then you can hit up a few places!

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Despite it being a rotten shit hole I quite enjoyed my visit last year. I’d find some other stuff in the area though. It’s a long drive if you only plan Talgarth! You won’t need a whole day there. Might as well take advantage of the long days, get there early then you can hit up a few places!
Thank you might have a look now to see if there’s any good places near by

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
It's arguably in an even worse state than Denbigh now. Most of the upper floors have collapsed or are in a perilous state, and the once wonderfully decayed hall is now the wrong side of screwed.

Personally I wouldn't bother now, but that's just me. Theres loads of stuff in south/mid Wales to keep you amused, so if you're doing a larger trip there's no harm in trying it.