real time web analytics
Report - - Middlesbrough College - Kirby Campus - Report | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Middlesbrough College - Kirby Campus - Report

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

emotive69

cloak of invisibility
28DL Full Member
Reposted this report as I got a little trigger happy with the camera today and posted far too much too be of interest !

Kirby College was one of the campus of Middlesbrough College, the others being Longlands and Marton , the college now has a new base in Middlehaven and the old ones are being demolished to make way for housing.

This campus is I beleive victorian in age and I went there as a kid myself as did many smoggies who will know the place well...

The full length view from the rear , the front is surrounded by fences and trees ..

I set off to do this early this morning knowing there would be little traffic and no one about , easy access and no pikies and kids...

kirby1.jpg

Inside the main entrance has taken something of a hammering ..

kirby2.jpg

kirby3.jpg

I am guessing that english was not one of the main subject here ?

kirby4.jpg

Guess fido has been in too ...

kirby5.jpg

The nursery has some bright points and no doubt saw some happy times..
kirby6.jpg

kirby7.jpg

there are more stairs and corridors than enough in this place and I got lost a few times trying to find my way out ...

kirby8.jpg

Kirby was a hairdressing and beauty training centre in its day ..

kirby9.jpg

kirby10.jpg

kirby11.jpg

The kitchen would impress Gordon Ramsay no end ...

kirby12.jpg

The rear entrance is a little blocked now ..

kirby13.jpg

Kirby also had its own gymn and fitness training facilities , I know cause i did my instructors course here many moons ago

kirby14.jpg

kirby15.jpg

On the upper floors there are the labs used for chemistyr , biology etc

kirby16.jpg

something of a Bunsen Burner Catastrophe here I think ..

kirby17.jpg

kirby18.jpg

the old classrooms lack the buzz and excitement of chemistry now .. or do they ?

kirby19.jpg

security tight as ever ...

kirby20.jpg

the only way from one annex to the other was across this somewhat dubious roof , turned out to be fine though..

kirby21.jpg

the numbering done by the construction time looks vaguely familiar !

kirby22.jpg

A fantastic morning and well worth getting up early for , I have to say i worked harder taking these shots than i ever did whilst I attended the college !

Anyone looking to do this needs to move swift as I reckon the rest is coming down in the next 2 weeks ...