real time web analytics
Report - - Middleton mine Derby Revist December 09 | Diehardlove | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Middleton mine Derby Revist December 09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
decided to do a revist to this mine to try and get as much done as we could i went here with cpnick his lovely girlfriend joe and we took james down with us,
ive not put any history as loads already available on this site
one thing i will say is while we where there we heard 5 or 6 loud bangs and was pieces of the roof allover the place think alot of this was due to the heavy rains over the last few days

also forgive some of my pics i was out drinking with some of the lads off here till 6 in the morning then had to be up at 7 then we did the mine at 9,so a bit worse for wear
IMGP3053.jpg

IMGP3059.jpg

IMGP3061.jpg

IMGP3064.jpg

IMGP3071.jpg

IMGP3072.jpg

IMGP3087.jpg

IMGP3098.jpg

IMGP3106.jpg

IMGP3111.jpg

IMGP3118.jpg

IMGP3125.jpg

IMGP3140.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diehardlove

28DL Full Member
think we done most of it anyway mate,i agree with you nice day shame it was nearly all we had done before but atleast we know now,
be nice if anyone knows of the info nick mentioned

Edd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I refuse to go here again unless we have definitely got confirmation of new places to explore in there nice place but need info on steel doors locked from other side, £1000000 machinery behind collapse and location in mine, the original lead mines and location in mine and any other info backed up by pictures !!! as i said nice trip but seen it all before except the pic 5&6 .....

Should have a plan of the place very soon :) The Original Lead mines are now gone and collapsed. The area we went to with the seismic equipment and the lead i was showing you is where the Fault is and the Lead was worked from there higher up in the hill. The Fault slipped sealing them off and closing off a big chunk of the mine. There is currently plans to Reopen the mine so any trips would be better sooner rather than later.

diehardlove

28DL Full Member
Should have a plan of the place very soon :) The Original Lead mines are now gone and collapsed. The area we went to with the seismic equipment and the lead i was showing you is where the Fault is and the Lead was worked from there higher up in the hill. The Fault slipped sealing them off and closing off a big chunk of the mine. There is currently plans to Reopen the mine so any trips would be better sooner rather than later.

cheers edd them plans will come very much in handy
very handy info,think we found the slip last week

Morrisey

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Proof that the old lead mine workings are still visible throughout the workings. Here we have a photo of the worked vein - about 10 foot to the back of the person in the photo it was stacked with deads.

The main haulage road bisects the old workings a few times if you look for them and the old shaft can still be clearly seen.:p

Jun202009_6830_edited-1.jpg