real time web analytics
Question - - Middleton mine derbyshire any info? | Mines and Quarries | Page 7 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Middleton mine derbyshire any info?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’m planning on using a drone to scout out other possible entrances but also to try and trigger the sensors. I want to see how and where they disable the alarm if it’s done outside or inside. Also if triggered enough times with no one around they may get irritated with it and shut it off temporarily. A bit optimistic maybe. I only no of the Jurassic gate entrance I’m yet to explore other ends but the drone will help with that. I took a few snaps yesterday myself but it wasn’t Secca security there it was NVC security.

If you need any help, give me a shout, I've been all around both ends, and spoke to security at both ends. There is a certain time on a certain day, when they left site and didn't come back for hours! Hence where I got all my photos from (busy at work will try and post some later or in the morning)

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Do it via pms lads if it involves dates and time,and try not to give out too much info on this thread as it is viewable to the public aka security

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
It's not a good idea to go tripping the alarms in the hope they just forget about it. If anything, they'll ramp it up. A drone will do nothing for you if you haven't got a survey. It really is best left alone unless you've got a decent plan, because chances are you'll do more harm than good.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You are right on that, the security are persistent and constant. If the alarms continue to go off, I'd bet my house on it that they would just set up camp in the quarry rather than disable and move on.

xXJORDYXx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For now I’m going to be doing observations only and getting some drone footage. Obviously I don’t want jeopardise things for other people.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Got to be honest here
Middleton is a bit over-rated

Once you get past how massive it is the passages are all a bit samey and it takes fucking ages to get around unless someone has a car or bike

The dirtiest mine ive ever had the pleasure of sleeping in..stupid blue fucking doors there too

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
What's the story behind the blue doors?

Oh the blue doors where i must have taken 20 shots trying to get it right ,but with a large group of goons,i mean friends waving torches around it seemed pointless..Yet i went back and carried on until i was semi happy with a shot..

still not happy with it ;)

8688607225_d27398c60a_b.jpg

task

28DL Member
28DL Member
The blue doors were used to direct air to stop the tunnels getting too wet/dry, air was pulled about from the large bank of fans at Hopton end. There's quite a lot of interesting stuff to see down there but you've got to know where to look and it's a long way without a vehicle!