real time web analytics
Question - - Middleton mine derbyshire any info? | Mines and Quarries | Page 6 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Middleton mine derbyshire any info?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
Me and a few mates have just got into ubexing, and really want to check this place out, if anyone knows any entrances please pm me

Since you hadn't read the five pages of information on the mine, I wrote something about how it's a good idea with any mine to do some research of your own so you know what you're up against if and when you get in it. They're a bit different from derps in that respect. But, I'll just leave you with the access details Paul has given you, since I doubt you'll come to much harm on this occasion.

'Splorin'

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Angel Dust. Have you read this thread?
It doesn't work that way. You know where the entrances are right? Have you even looked on Googlemaps? Jeez, They're huge! Go there. Probe them. See how long it takes for Secca to turn up. See if you can exploit a weakness in their response.
Praada has been trying for about a year to my knowledge from this and other sites and still hasn't got in, but he's still cracking on.
It used to be easy to get into Middleton/Hopwas. I've had days in there on my mountain bike but that was years ago. Things change. BBC had a countryfile day there. That didnt help matters as a medieval grade door was fitted. Then the MOD moved in and cameras/motion sensors/secca made it way harder.
Sure there are still ways in. Work them out. Isn't that why it is called exploring? Asking for a PM for instructions as to how someone could direct you in is 'following'.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are no accessible entrances, you will get stopped by secca before you get anywhere near close! We have tried to access both ends over 10 times in the last year, caught everytime! PM me if you want the location still but be prepared for a wasted journey...

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
There are no accessible entrances, you will get stopped by secca before you get anywhere near close! We have tried to access both ends over 10 times in the last year, caught everytime! PM me if you want the location still but be prepared for a wasted journey...

I posted a link to the Middleton entrance

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I wouldn’t keep blatantly trying and getting caught either, it could be deemed as aggravated trespass and is an offence if proven

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's a public footpath at the side of it, they aren't horrible secca, they quite enjoy catching us i think, always get the "better luck next time" thrown at us. The last time i was caught was at the middleton end and they caught 7 of us in the bushes, they said it was due to be blasted shut once and for all... still hasn't happened so possibly a bluff to deter us from trying again, i do keep driving past and both ends still manned with security.

I saw the link but trust me you won't get in that end or the hopton end, its almost time for me to call it quits, the only way is to break the law properly and criminally damage the gates... not my cup of tea, that is something they will definitely prosecute for!

rastapasta69

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The security told my mate that the more people try,the longer they will be there for, if they didn' keep catching people they would be out a job, people need to leave it alone and see what happens...or just stop getting caught.

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
The security told my mate that the more people try,the longer they will be there for, if they didn' keep catching people they would be out a job, people need to leave it alone and see what happens...or just stop getting caught.

They say a lot of stuff and there are lots of rumours. What the truth is, though, no one really knows. If you believed secca, they were meant to be out of there a while ago and the mine left to whoever wanted to explore it.

There's not much point plugging the same entrance time and again though, I agree. But I'd be surprised if Middleton did not get a lot of traffic anyway, since it's so notorious.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Security are there because we took the piss

Having huge parties with camping, fireworks, motorbikes, and cars, was never going to last long.

xXJORDYXx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Getting past the security is the easy part. finding a way into the mine is the hard part.

As far as motion sensors go there are signs to say they are there but I’ve not come across any as to yet. Not even at “ Jurassic Gates”.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are 3 motion sensors, I've set them all off on purpose to check response time which is pretty damn quick at less than 4 minutes. When they aren't on site they are literally a minute up the lane at the yard. There is one above the Jurassic doors, one on a building behind a block on the roof near the right hand big gates and one under a rock in the open area where the secca park the cars.

If you could get in the place i'd of already done it... Also the flood lights are wireless and the signal box is above the large doors, get too close and the flood lights come on and cameras start recording... This place is far too known about for secca to just up and leave, they've told me they were leaving a few times now and the entrances being blasted shut, so far its still a bluff on their part... If anyone does eventually find a way in, one of my mates lost a decent Lenser torch in the bushes at the Middleton end :banghead

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'll dig some photos out of the scout day i had on the cliff tops and from the walk around the quarry at hopton when we triggered the alarms late last summer.

xXJORDYXx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’m planning on using a drone to scout out other possible entrances but also to try and trigger the sensors. I want to see how and where they disable the alarm if it’s done outside or inside. Also if triggered enough times with no one around they may get irritated with it and shut it off temporarily. A bit optimistic maybe. I only no of the Jurassic gate entrance I’m yet to explore other ends but the drone will help with that. I took a few snaps yesterday myself but it wasn’t Secca security there it was NVC security.