real time web analytics
Report - - Military Bunker, Sa Coma Beach, Mallorca. July 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Military Bunker, Sa Coma Beach, Mallorca. July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
When the temperature reaches 40c when you are on holiday and my idea of a heat wave is 23c it was time to hit the beach.. I already knew there was some bunkers nearby, so decided to go for a dip in the sea then go look for some of the 3 bunkers I had read about. About a 10 minute walk up the beach wearing nothing but a pair of swimming shorts I found it, so tip toeing around the shards of glass I managed to scramble around and check it all out.
This was the 1st time I had managed to use my new camera for what I had intended to do so.. And all in I am more than happy with the Fuji x30 as a little 1 too take around. I also think that my little girl will be more than happy with using it when she come out exploring with me over the summer.

History
Locally there are 3 reported bunkers to see, but as we all know there are more than likely more to be found.
These bunkers are defensive elements built during the Spanish Civil War (1936 - 1939) in order to stop de Republican troops from landing. These bunkers can be seen in the 'marés' (stone) quarry and at the entrance to Punta de n'Amer from Sa Coma beach.

DSCF1136_zpskehtw9ke.jpg

DSCF1138_zps5lkblu4y.jpg

DSCF1139_zpsxx8pn7k3.jpg

DSCF1140_zps2rsmjqb0.jpg

DSCF1143_zps2itcrdbk.jpg

DSCF1145_zpsx6p5yxu0.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details