real time web analytics
Report - - Millenium Mill London Dec 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Millenium Mill London Dec 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member
Visited with Nic81, Keïteï and myself but due to personal reason Nic81 backed out and buggered off to find a coffee shop. This trip has been on the cards since June with Keïteï as the spotter, this almost didnt happen with thanks to the film writer Danny Boyle using the site for this lastest film, but on the day it was all thumbs up and go. This was a sort of flying visit but will be returning for a full day around. Even the secca was kind and drove away on que to allow us access to the building without any hassles

LITTLE HISTORY

A fifty nine acre site along the Royal Victoria Docks in the south east of London.

Founded in 1905

The Mills represent one of London’s few remaining landmarks paying homage to Britain’s post-industrial Landscape and looms over the famous Excel exhibition centre situated across the river.

All three flour mills at the Royal Docks survived the closure of the docks and were still standing in 1990. Sadly, the Premier and CWS mills were demolished in the following decade. Only the granary of the Millennium Mills still stands.

It is likely to be converted into housing once the area is redeveloped. The smaller building to the left of the Millennium Mills was once the Rank Hovis Premier Mill

DPP_0002.jpg

DPP_0007.jpg

DPP_0009.jpg

DPP_0006.jpg

DPP_0016.jpg

DPP_0012.jpg

DPP_0017.jpg

DPP_0025.jpg

DPP_0030.jpg

DPP_0049.jpg

DPP_0061.jpg

DPP_0037.jpg

DPP_0056.jpg

DPP_0035.jpg

I would of got a few more external shots but due to an idiotic departure over the wooden fence when secca drove by, I paniced and impiled both my hands on the blunt spike :(

15122011280.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details