real time web analytics
Report - - Milnthort Hospital, Perthshire - Jan 2001 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Milnthort Hospital, Perthshire - Jan 2001

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

n64play

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'd kinda forgotten about this, but a mate of mine back in....2001 I think it was, took me up to an abandoned hospital outside Milnathort in Perthshire. Not entirely sure of the history of it, but it appears it was known as Ochil Hills Sanatorium when it was a working hospital, but as we couldn't get far inside I can't confirm what it was/wasn't used for. I think it dates from back in the early 1900's. It's now been knocked down to clear the way for housing according to a recent newspaper report I found.
Pretty spooky, just found the photographs, so here you go!

This is the view of the hospital from the lake in front of it (the lake was frozen over, I'm on the lake. it was full of old beds below, kinda errie)

lake2_zps483ddd56.jpg

Me on the lake

steveinmiddleoflake_zps56b50176.jpg

Lakeside

viewofhospitalfromlakecentre_zpsecd7925e.jpg

The front of the hospital. Huge building

frontofhospital_zpsf196ffa8.jpg

Inside the front entrance. Couldn't see much, and you couldn't get inside this way, there's a huge gap right in front (you can just about see it at bottom of frame)

insidefront_zpsf3dc386a.jpg

The back of the building, can't get in here either

tairway_zps5336ef1e.jpg

Now we're getting a bit Silent Hill.....

chimenybottom_zps60198d97.jpg

chimney1_zpsfb5e6e74.jpg

This was inside one of the few accessible areas of the main building. There wasn't much there, everything was rusted away

besidestairs_zps39932aa8.jpg

Now off to the side, were some nurses cottages. Better pictures of those:

lockers_zpsfce64d04.jpg

furniture_zpsd025a221.jpg

bathroom2_zpsc15a52ab.jpg

bathroom_zps5edee5af.jpg

I have a few more somewhere, will keep looking!

Last edited:

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
quite liking this actually... but surely your "back of the building" pic.... why didnt you just get in one of those windows? or am i missing something here?

n64play

28DL Member
28DL Member
If you're talking about the pic with the stairs, no easy access to any of the windows. If you're talking about the one just above the "back of the building" text, there's a sheer drop just inside the door frame, of around 30 ft into a basement. That would have hurt :)

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
If you're talking about the pic with the stairs, no easy access to any of the windows. If you're talking about the one just above the "back of the building" text, there's a sheer drop just inside the door frame, of around 30 ft into a basement. That would have hurt :)

Got to agree with you there :D

Could you enlarge the small ones so that they're the same size? I like the external shot of the front - nice record

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
If you're talking about the pic with the stairs, no easy access to any of the windows.

apologies if im missing something really obvious here, but pic 6... top of stairs... straight in through right hand window?... looked to me like the glass was out on all of them in that pic..

Lovely looking building though, and nice sunny day for the photos :)

dfc77

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was there back in late 2001 on a very dark cold winters night it was the most spookiest moment of my life i had to lock myself in the car lol

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Thanks for bumping this.. love it. If anyone wants to know what internet posts about exploring were like back in the early noughties then look no further.

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm getting some serious Session 9 vibes from this. Nice.

Attachments

• 1324449_8809af7139dcd8a9052a21bd6973a575.jpg
    1324449_8809af7139dcd8a9052a21bd6973a575.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 37