Web
Analytics
Report - - Minnis Farm cottage ; Ewell, Dover. July 18 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Minnis Farm cottage ; Ewell, Dover. July 18

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Old Flint Cottage

49584262_10218406263294008_1893233631460065280_n.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

This old farm cottage was a surprise to find. We were down in Dover and decided to drive around the country lanes. This area was known for its farms. (Or so I thought). I could not find much out about this little flint cottage and it was getting late, so this was a quick scout around after a long day exploring, so please forgive the photos.
However since our trip I have discovered the whole area could be littered with more cottages like this one. Here is some history, Credit to BHO.
EWELL is situated about three miles westward from Dover, in a like infertile country as that last described, the soil of it being for the most part a hard chalk, the rest of it a kludgy unproductive red earth, mixed with quantities of sharp flint stones. The village of Ewell, with the church, is situated in the large and capacious valley which extends to the land's end at Dover, the high London road leading through it. The houses in this village are little more than cottages, being most of them built of flint, and a great part of them in a very ruinous condition, and it is far from being pleasantly situated.
Surprising history given that there was farmland everywhere. Maybe with it now being infertile as quoted by British history online, that is why many of these flint cottages are in ruinous conditions now.
Anyway onto the photos
Bottom to top

DSC_0031 (1).jpg

DSC_0030 (1).jpg

DSC_0022 (1).jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021 (1).jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0025 (1).jpg

DSC_0026 (1).jpg

DSC_0028 (1).jpg

DSC_0034 (1).jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0039 (1).jpg

DSC_0040 (1).jpg

DSC_0035 (1).jpg

DSC_0041 (1).jpg

Thanks for reading/viewing

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Dover the place that just keeps giving lol , Thanks @Obscruity, I have`nt posted a report for ages, Ive commented on posts and posted statuses, but Ive been out, so thought best get posting again

Kingbome

28DL Member
28DL Member
Just been here to explore and it's been burnt down! Only about half of the house remains and inside is charred