real time web analytics
Report - - Mitsero Mine (Cyprus, 2018 and 2019) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mitsero Mine (Cyprus, 2018 and 2019)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
An unusual story with a team of german urban explorers being hailed heroes.

2018 just a normal explore of a Copper Mine. A good couple of hours but nothing that really stood out. Little did we know this was the dumping ground for Cyprus's first serial killer and that we'd play a tiny part in the investigation.

Fast forward to 2019 and the news broke that a body had been found in the mine shaft. 2 german explorers had gone down in the shaft and discovered the body. This started a major investigation that undercovered 7 murders in total, I think it was two bodies in this mine. Two of the dead were children. I think there is no doubt that if this body wasn't found this man would have kept on killing, so many see the explorers as hero's.

On finding out this had happened, we remembered that something unusual took place when we were there. A pickup truck had driven into the area, see us and drove back out. This was odd because you just wouldn't come to this remote place by accident. So we reported this to the police and were able to provide exacts times from our google time. We were originally copied in on the emails that went around the homicide team but we never found out if we actually witnessed anything of note.

The guy thankfully received 7 life sentences and confessed to the murders. So what you think is just an average explore might later turnout to be anything but...

Here is a history of the mine, its not very detailed but there isn't much out there: https://www.cyprusisland.net/cyprus-mines/kokkinopezoula-mine

This is the shaft, its flooded so we didn't see any point in going down. I think it would later be above average rainfall that brought the body to the surface.

The pictures below are from 2019 and are mainly the tributes to the dead.

And this is the actual shaft. There might even be other bodies in the mine as it was extreme difficult to search due to the flooding. RIP all the victims

Last edited:

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Hello .

you really need to add a lot more history in to this place you have explained your explore very well and about the terrible things that happened here but you have failed to say the mines name it’s history dates working styles to people that don’t understand mines just saying it’s a copper mine leaves them in a pile of mystery .

I would recommend reading the guides again . If you could have found a news paper clipping about this would have really fired the report up also :thumb .

@chills cheif newb strangler your slacking

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Pretty sure anything outside of U.K. doesn’t require naming or uses code words.

a few seconds on google will give you the answer

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Pretty sure anything outside of U.K. doesn’t require naming or uses code words.

a few seconds on google will give you the answer
I didn’t say he had to say the mines name to make it a passable , I am saying that I would recommend adding the mines name and history so it was a better report which it would make it . That’s just a opinion not rules

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
I didn’t say he had to say the mines name to make it a passable , I am saying that I would recommend adding the mines name and history so it was a better report which it would make it . That’s just a opinion not rules

99% of reports outside of U.K. are like this.....
I agree that history and and name adds stuff but that’s how a lot of non-U.K UE works